List Box Control

arindamarindam Member Posts: 176
Hi All,

Can I use any List Box control in Navision ? My requirement is :

I need two list box controls. One will contain various countries like (USA, Canada, India, Australia...). Other will only contain the selected countires from the first list box.

Is there any control like List Box in Navision.

Please help.

Regards,
Arindam

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    No, there is no ListBox control in NAV. You can use just Tables. All cases when I thought that I need listbox were solved by tables...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • arindamarindam Member Posts: 176
    Thank you very much for your reply.

Can you please guide me how can I use a table instead of list box in this senario.
    I assume that you want to do something like:

record x - Country 1
    - Country 5
    - Country XX

Where Country X is from list of all countries.

Relation model:

Record X (base table)
    PK1
    Field 2
    Field 3
    Field n

Country X (country table)
    PK2
    Field 2
    Field 3
    Field m

Record Country (base country table relation)
    PK1, PK2
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    I have to give user an interface from where he will select 1 or multiple country. Then he'll click a button. All his selected country/countries will get transferred to other list box or any other control.

So the countries will select by the users. It's not on my hand.
    Yes, you can add button "Add" and using SETSELECTIONFILTER for getting what user selected and create needed records in the relation table... :-)

Try it, think about it, do not rely on others, try to work out the solution yourselfs - if there will be some technical difficulties, we can help you...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Thank you very much for your guidance. I am trying the stuff. If I get some difficulties I'll get back to you.
  • johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
    kine wrote:
    No, there is no ListBox control in NAV. You can use just Tables. All cases when I thought that I need listbox were solved by tables...

Hi Kine,

You said that no ListBox control, but in toolbox of NAV 4.0 SP3 I see the listbox control, but it's disable. Do you mean ListBox control cannot be used in NAV? Why is it disable and not removed from toolbox if it is not used by NAV?

Thank you.
    Best regards,

Johanna