Nav 400 Sp1 SQL 2005 Session Table does not exist error

b2b_Vijayb2b_Vijay Member Posts: 76
Hi,

One of client recently upgraded to SQL 2005 from SQL 2000.

They use Navision ver 4.00 SP1 and SQl 2005 database.

All the general Users are not able to login into Navision and get the below error message. All the people with dbOwner role gets access to Navision without error.

ERROR MESSAGE :-
===========

The Session table does not exist as the required object name of ABCDNavisionDB.dbo.Session in this table

Where ABCDNavisionDB is the Database Name
================================

In SQL 2000, they didnot have any issues with any user. Only after upgrading to SQL 2005, they are having issues. Any help please...

Thanks,
Regards,
Vijay

Comments

• Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    Hi Vijay

There are a number of issues with SQL2005 and NAV 4.00 The best bet is to put them on 4.00SP3 client as the log in issue you have is resolved in that one.

I think the other work around is to make all users sysadmin(not a good idea) in SQL

Ian
    Regards

Ian
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you go through all posts about NAV 4.0 and MS SQL 2005 you will found that first "non-problematic" version for usage with MS SQL 2005 is NAV 4.00SP2+update 1. Today I recommend NAV 4.00SP3 because there are solved some minor problems...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    The very first thing that you should do is Report the fault to MS, secondly if possible then do upgrade the db to 4.0 sp3. I don't say that this is a very smooth runner on SQL server 2005 as even I have faced certain problems on Customized tables but still it works fine with 2005.
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
  • b2b_Vijayb2b_Vijay Member Posts: 76
    Thanks Guys for all the replies.

Mibuso is a one place stop where we can find all Answers to our issues.
    Regards,
    Vijay
  • b2b_Vijayb2b_Vijay Member Posts: 76
    Hi guys,

I installed SQL 2005 and Nav 4 SP3 client, still i have problem if i donot give the user dbOwner permission.

Any Help please....
    Regards,
    Vijay
  • FalcFalc Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

install the actual Hotfixe for Navision SP3 (Hotfix 1 & Hotfix 3). After that, our users had access to the Session Table without dbOwner permission.
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    Hi Vijay,

In 4.0 SP3 with SQL i have came across the same issue, do try to update the critical updates and HF to the database.
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    And do not forget to change security mode from Extended to Standard... 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • zappyzappy Member Posts: 15
    The problem is with Session view (not table). The solution is just to add permissions to this view for $ndo$... something - application roles.
    The synchronization process after upgrade of MS SQL Server forget to do it :?
    Tomas Zadrapa