Printing multiple Reports

hiddentexthiddentext Member Posts: 45
Is there any way in Navision that we can get two documents to print one after the other where I can print 3 copies of the first document and 2 copies of the second document.

I am trying to eliminate the manual process of sorting through the documents.

Comments

• themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    not sure exactly where you want this, but this is a standard behaivor in several areas of Navision, take a look at the sales setup report selection

in Nav4.0, for goto the menu level

Sales & Marketing --> Order Processing --> Setup -- Report Selection

select invoice and on the setup screen you can select which reports you want to print, so number 1 can be the sales invoice, number 2 can be the shipping documents, and so on

You set the number of documents to print in the code of the report itself.

You should be able to copy this functionality for your needs, or it may be just what you are looking for out of the box.
  • hiddentexthiddentext Member Posts: 45
    The 2 report I am trying to print are
    Order Confirmation (10075)
    Bill of Lading (Customize Report)

But when you use Report selection and each time when report is printed, the request form pops up. So when you are trying to do batch printing, the user will have to be there to click "ok".
    Is there a way for the user to have one request form and then it will print 2 reports one right after the other?

What I was thinking is in the 1st Report Request form option tab. Put a integer field that would ask how many copies the user want in the 2nd report. Create a global variable in 2nd report and create a function to set the global variable in the 2nd report. Call this function before report.run in the 1st report.

Are there any other ways of doing this?

Thanks
  • tularamtularam Member Posts: 97
    hiddentext wrote:
    The 2 report I am trying to print are
    Order Confirmation (10075)
    Bill of Lading (Customize Report)

But when you use Report selection and each time when report is printed, the request form pops up. So when you are trying to do batch printing, the user will have to be there to click "ok".
    Is there a way for the user to have one request form and then it will print 2 reports one right after the other?

What I was thinking is in the 1st Report Request form option tab. Put a integer field that would ask how many copies the user want in the 2nd report. Create a global variable in 2nd report and create a function to set the global variable in the 2nd report. Call this function before report.run in the 1st report.

Are there any other ways of doing this?

Thanks

I have had same problem. Now i have tried a different practice for that.. i included different reports in a single report with different tables in a proper indentations.. After all all problem solved.. First it prompts number report copies then after according to that number different sections inside the report are processed...

But i think it is not the good practice..