Lots of beeps in Navision when using Citrix

TheoTheo Member Posts: 12
edited 2007-05-01 in Navision Financials
Using Citrix we get a beep with every action we do (f.e. a confirm or a message) in Navision.

When I use a local Navision client to work on Navision we don't get any beeps......

How can we disable this featuren within (citrix?)?

E.G. Disableling the sound card and or pc speaker works, but is not a good solution.

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    you can disable sound on the citrix server. I don't think you can do anything to the citrix client.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Disable windows sound profile (event sounds like "Asterisk") - I assume that citrix is trying to play event sound when warning dialog is displayed.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Be also aware that Citrix handles a BEEP as a BEEP. in the original PC design, beep was a DOS command that made a sound, and compared to the BELL command in CPM. And beep can not be disabled in some environments. And it can be independent of the normal sound card functions that you have, even though most BIOSs generate beep through the sound card. I have found many computers where you can not kill the Citrix beeps.

Also I have one client, and when I log onto their Citrix server, it always gives me one beep even if I have my sound turned off. But on others the sound can be turned off.

The problem is that in reality, Citrix is doing it right, its all the other programs that allows suppressing of Beep that are wrong :shock:
    David Singleton