NODBC on Windows Server 64 bits

dantedante Member Posts: 10
Hi All,

I'm testing Business Analytics on a development machine (in fact, the new server for Navision). I have installed version 5 executable using my Nav 40SP2 converted database. The Native DB server is OK and running, but when I try to execute the configurator it said nodbc is not installed. I've checked the odbc connections and drivers and the driver for Navision is not installed, although I run the nodbc installer without any problem. The question is, does anybody know if is there any problem in installing nodbc on Windows 2003 Server 64 bits?

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• dantedante Member Posts: 10
    In the odbc guide, there are instructions to setup a nodbc data source. It implies to use WoW to emulate 32bits. Obviusly, to set up a data source manually it works, but the problem is that the BA configurator creates the data source dinamically each time is called, so when it tries to run, the process fail.

Does anybody know any workaround???

Thanks
    Hello,

i don't have an 64 bit system for testing, but i have read, it is possible to create a DSN "BA0" manually and after this - the setup can create a new DSN automatically.