footer, transfooter & transheader NOT WORK...

teckpohteckpoh Member Posts: 271
Hi all, i'm doing a customized sales delivery order rpt..and i made the report to print 10 lines per pages, then when i ADD IN FOOTER it's display the wrong amount for me..the footer only cater the last record amount.

Also my transfooter & transheader also do not print out..although i already add in the section for each of them.

IS IT this kind of scenario happen because of the customizat'n that i did(print only 10 line per pages, eg: if (x mod 11) then new page)....?????

What is the best alternative solution in order to make footer, transfooter & transheader??

Comments

• MbadMbad Member Posts: 344
    There is no good alternative. You need to find the solution to your problem.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Do not forget that transfooter and transheader will not work if the pagebreak is between two dataitems. It means, that if you have:

DataItem1
    DataItem2
    DataItem3

and you will add transfooter into DataItem2 and DataItem3 and the pagebreak will be after last record from DataItem2, there will be no Transfooter and Transheader... and there are many other examples. It is why Integer table is used so many times in standard reports...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • bob_upbob_up Member Posts: 155
    Kamil, I wonder if you (or anyone) could explain how using an integer dataitem (or any other method) can solve the problem of missing transheaders.

My report has the following dataitems

Item
    Sales Order
    Routing Lines
    Purchase Orders
    Integer

I want a transheader to print the Item details again at the top of a new page if one occurs at any point in (or between) any of the dataitems. I have tried adding the neccessary transheader into each dataitem but there are still occasions when one doesnt get printed.

Thanks in anticipation.
  • bob_upbob_up Member Posts: 155
    I tried to show the indenting of the dataitems in my previous message but when I posted it, it got stripped out.
    All of the dataitems except Item are indented by one level.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Item
       Sales Order
       Routing Lines
       Purchase Orders
       Integer

Why don't people like using the <code> tags.
    David Singleton