How to avoid 'License use warning' message screen?

sivaguru_ksrsivaguru_ksr Member Posts: 100
Hello,

Is there any possiblities to avoid 'License use warning' message screen during Automatic scheduling through Batch processing.This 'License use warning' message screen is not appearing always,only once/twice in a week giving me the problem.

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    It appears when you are switching license. Is your batch processing job replacing the license file?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • sivaguru_ksrsivaguru_ksr Member Posts: 100
    Hello Luc Van Dyck,

Thanks for reply.we are not switching license.Nav. application always uses the our comapny License.Even then,this problem occurs only in Automatic scheduling through batch processing which has statement:

start fin.exe servername=Servername, Nettype=tcp, ntauthentication=1, company=Companyname

It doen't specify any license related information...
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    The license use warning screen only appears if you're using a developer license from your solution center. It may have been put there by mistake?
    I don't think now microsoft provides developer license on passing the exam NAV40-222.Microsoft only extends the Company license...

now,I am using Company license(upgraded) for development...
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Delete fin.flf in client folder
    2) Use NAS instead client, it is created for such a job...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Hello kine

I am scheduling the job on the server not on client side.I think it will create a problem if we delete a fin.flf in server.anyway i will try with NAS also...but i don't have much experience in using NAS...
    Hello kine

I am scheduling the job on the server not on client side.I think it will create a problem if we delete a fin.flf in server.anyway i will try with NAS also...but i don't have much experience in using NAS...

I am talking about the fin.flf in client folder (c:\program files\Microsoft Bus...\Client) on the server. Not about fin.flf in server folder, which is used when connecting to the server.

When you run the client, it will load fin.flf from the client folder (because it is still not connected to the server) and will use the license to show owner etc. on the splash screen. After that, client try to connect to the server and when it is successful, the license from server is loaded.

And one remark: just partner license is giving such a screen!!!
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Then,this problem occurs because of using Partner license file.I think it will be solved when scheduling the job using NAS.
    Then,this problem occurs because of using Partner license file.I think it will be solved when scheduling the job using NAS.

And when you will use customer license file... :-)

Yes, the NAS is correct way. In case of some problem, the service should be automatically restarted, the errors are logged into event log, etc.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Hello Kine,

while using NAS , all the process went correctly(this case,I am not installing it as Service),after completing all my process, NAS throws a error meesage as

'The description for Event ID ( 109 ) in Source ( Navision-NAS-classic ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: The combination of user ID and password entered is invalid. Try again'

I have configured navision with Windows Login also....

if I install NAS as service,nothing happens(even my process not executed).it just enters the above error message in the event viewer.
    he combination of user ID and password entered is invalid. Try again

Message is clear: you need to change account under which the service is running to some which exists in NAV.

(when running from console, NAS is running under your accout, when running as service, NAS is running under configured account - default is LocalSystem or something like that...)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Hello Kine,

Thanks for reply.

Service is running under local system account .I have configured the Navision with windows login(my local system user ID and password)...
  • gerdhuebnergerdhuebner Member Posts: 155
    We've got the same problem with an ordinary NAV 2009 (SP1) - Client which is started automatically via Autostart-Menu and automatic Windows login every time the workstation is rebooted (once every night). We are using our DE-ZA-024- license for internal use (not the DE-ZA-004- developer license!!). The license file has not been copied to the client folder, only a cronus license is there. The license warning only appears on this client, which starts NAV automatically. May be it is a windows permission problem, because the windows login has only got local User-privileges on that workstation, or may be the reason is the automatic reboot, which kills the NAV-Client in a non regular way?
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    If its only happening on one client then probably someone accidentally put a developer license on that machine. Search the machine and delete that license.
    David Singleton