Options

Navision Toolbar Error when opening outlook

hiddentexthiddentext Member Posts: 45
I have just installed NAV 5.0 on my computer and now everytime I open outlook, there is a Navision Toolbar Error.
Error message .....
The File int.etx was not found.
Copy int.etx from the Navision installation CD to the client subfolder of the Navision program folder.

I have 4.0SP3 installed on my computer and when I tried to install NAV 5.0. It gave me a option of not uninstalling old Navision and install NAV 5.0. So I choose that one.

Comments

• Options
    sonvdbsonvdb Member Posts: 33
    Hi, I got the same problem. please help ](*,)
  • Options
    Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    I take it you had the old Outlook tool bar installed and you havn't installed the new outlook tool bar.

If thats the case when you installed 5.0 it will have made some changes tot he registary that tell Windows where the program is installed. Chances are the one the toolbar is using has been updated to point to the new client install.

You could try moving the required file into the newly created folder, or you could try reinstalling the old version, or you could try hacking the registary to locate the offending entry and update it. Sorry I have no idea which entry that would be :(

I have had similar problems with things like C/Front failing to work correctly after installing new versions as its now looking at the wrong files.

Ian
    Regards

Ian
  • Options
    hiddentexthiddentext Member Posts: 45
    I got this answer from Luc... and it works..

Try copying that file from your old Navision 4.0 SP3 client directory to the
    new client directory.

Luc Van Dyck
    webmaster http://mibuso.com
    "Your favourite knowledge base"
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    or (outlook 2007) click tools,trust center, add ins, go(with com add-ins selected),uncheck (or remove) navision tool bar.

ok, i found the way to remove the error by unactivating nav toolbar, but instead i want the navision toolbar...and it doesn't show at all... :evil: :evil:
    --the 4.03 one
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog