NAV 5.0 Employee portal and Sharepoint server 2007

BgestelBgestel Member Posts: 136
Hi,

We are trying to get Employee portal to work on Sharepoint server 2007(Moss 2007). When trying to install the front end components on the sharepoint server the system gives an error that sharepoint services must be installed. :-k I do know this isn't the same product but it is the same technology.
In the subdirectory of the empoyee portal on the setup cd there are some dll's a cab file(containing the web parts) and a template for the demosite. Does annyone know if there is a manual work arround to install these components to the sharepoint server.

THX in advance
** SI ** Bert Van Gestel **

Comments

• crisnicolascrisnicolas Member Posts: 177
    I've done this a while ago, on sharepoint 2003 and with NAV 4.0, but guess with the 2007 version is gonna be the same. For this I followed the Employee Portal manual, which I think it comes with the CD

Before installing the Employee Portal components, you need to have SharePoint installed. If you want to install SharePoint Server, you first need to install Windows SharePoint Services.

When SharePoint is installed and running, then you can install Employee Portal.
  • JHavermansJHavermans Member Posts: 17
    Hi,

I’m a colleague of Bgestel and also working on our Dynamics NAV 5.0 and MOSS 2007 project.

I’ve tried to install the Employee Portal several times now. Dynamics NAV 5.0 and MOSS 2007 were already running before I tried to install the Employee Portal. We´ve got the error about the missing Windows SharePoint Server even with 3.0 installed.

Apparently the Employee Portal requires the presents of Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 and not 3.0. So I´ve installed 2.0 and then the Employee Portal. After this i´ve upgraded Windows SharePoint Services back to 3.0 to get SharePoint as I shoot be.

But guess what: It still doesn’t work! We’ve simple don’t get the template, web parts and required CAB file in MOSS 2007.

Maybe someone could give another advise?
  • cssgyulacssgyula Member Posts: 31
    Hi,

Check the operating system under the Employee Portal Front End, Employee Portal 5.0 cannot be installed onto a 64bit operating system, use a Sharepoint Server with 32 bit operating system and connect to the SQL Server or Dynamics NAV database server, which can be managed on a server with 64bit operating system.

Hope this helps,
    Best Regards,

Gyula (Jules) Csiák-Sedivy

There are two things, which you cannot learn from books. True love and Software Coding.