RIM, Importing Setup Data

nav001nav001 Member Posts: 39
I have succesfully managed to setup a new company as described in the RIM documents, but when I try and import the steup data I get the errors.

I have tried to import from Excel, using the Excel document and I get the following error: 'Excel does not contain XML Schema'

When I try and import ussing the Import from XML, using and XML document, i get the eror ' the automation variable has not been instantiated'

From the forum I have gathered that u need to import MSXML6. I have done so but still gettin the error, I have also tried adding the code. CREATE(MyAutomation); but Im still getting the error. It is possible that Im not addin the code correctly, either not putting it in the write place or using the incorrect variable.

Could someone please help with this ](*,)

Comments

• I'm still learning RIM too, but have you tried to export the questionaire to Excel, entering answers, saving and then importing what you saved?

Also since you can select Import from Excel or Import from XML - possibly check whether the right selection of formats was made matching the format it you originally saved it to.
  • nav001nav001 Member Posts: 39
    Hi, thanks for your reply,

I'm working from Cronus. If I run the setup questionaire form and create a new code and description, there are no questions entered when I go to Question - Show Question. I then try and import the questionaire form the setup questionaires provided in the RIM Toolkit and then get the above errors. Is the the correct process, I cant find where I am going wrong. Im Using Version 4 sp1
  • cunnycunny Member Posts: 129
    Hi there,

Remember that RIM "ONLY" works for xml at the end. No matter it's excel worksheet or text file or xml, what RIM will do is only merge those stream information with xml schema which is defied on migration setup table. So if you can save the excel worksheet into xml file manually and the schema of the xml file is matched with the right migration setup table, you are done!

Normally, the excel worksheet which you are using for RIM is not normal excel worksheet, it contains the xml schema maps behind of it or it will not work for RIM.

Regards
    cunny Lee
    MCP - MBS Navision
    jle@naviworld.com