Options

Mail body size limits

Frank_HulsboschFrank_Hulsbosch Member Posts: 17
edited 2003-08-20 in Navision Financials
I'm currently trying to let Navision create a mail with a large filled body, formatted using HTML commands (using MAPI or direct Outlook Automation) but I'm running into the problem that the maximum body size is 800 characters for MAPI and 900 characters for direct Outlook Automation.

There is also the problem that you cannot 'add' text in a loop to the MAPIMessages.MsgNoteText or OutlookEmail.HTMLBody (where OutlookEmail = an automation instance of 'Microsoft Outlook 9.0 Object Library'.MailItem.

Since I discovered the neatness of using HTML formatting commands into a mail I want to be able to send 'large pieces of text' at once (including picture references and so on), but the limitation of the size is blocking this.

Navision is giving the message 'There is not sufficient available space in the C/AL stack memory to execute this task' when going byond the limitations.

I'm currently using Navision 2.50 and I'm planning to move to 3.60 / 3.70 because of the advanced possibilities.

Does anybody know a way to solve this or does anybody know if these limitations are solved in the newer Navision versions ?

:cry:
FH

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    You can try the smtp-ocx that is available here: http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=112
    to overcome some of the C/AL & MAPI limits.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)