Options

[Resolved] Mexico Numero De Factura

jflynnjflynn Member Posts: 34
Does anyone have any experience creating Invoices in Mexico using NAV 4.0? We have goverment limitations of 40 lines per invoice but do not want to limit the order entry to 40 lines.

Thanks
Resolution - Created new report for printed invoice. Any Invoice that had multiple pages needed it's own total at bottom and also unique (for each page) Factura number supplied from the Mexican government. This Factura number was stored in the Invoice Header in case the document needed to be reprinted.

Thank you to all who replied.
Joe

Answers

• Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Not sure what you are asking - Obviously you can add as many line items as you want.

Are you saying you want to enter 80 lines (for example) in one order but whent the invoice prints you should get two invoices both with 40 lines?

with maybe inv# 1000398-1 & 1000398-2??

PS - Is that 40 line rule actually true in Mexico? Are you sure it's not 40 lines a page?
  • Options
    jflynnjflynn Member Posts: 34
    The specs seem to be.
    1. An invoice needs a specific government number unique to each page.
    2. A seperate header/detail per page
    3. The last page has the total (this is the one that actually gets paid)

It all sounds strange to me also, but this is what I am told by our users in
    Mexico. They are currently using a package called SAE.

Somehow I need Navision to do this and am asking.

1. Has anyone else ever run into this situation using Navision?
    2. Or, Am I missing thru interpretation what it is they are trying to tell me.
    3. What are the differences printing invoices in Mexico from the US?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Joe
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Hello Jflynn
    I will ask one of my clients who are using navision in mexico. I did not hear this when we were gathering the requirements.
    You could create PO and then create an invoice and do getshipments/ getreceipts that way you can limit the user to invoice a PO/SO 40 line at a time.
    The original PO and SO can still go beyond the 40 lines.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    I agree with ara3n - coding in the invoice report tends to be complicated therefore it's better to do such things before posting the invoice. Such as adding code that prevents too long invoices from being posted to CU80 and maybe a function added to a menu "Split Invoice" which splits the current, unposted invoice to to multiple <40 ones - that should be fairly easy to do and fairly convenient to use.

P.S. I don't know anything about Mexico but I suspect it might be a special case like f.e. selling to the goverment.
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Hello Talked to Mexican Consultant who worked with us with the other client. Here is his exact words. Hope this helps Joe.
    I believe that there is a badly understood, because it does not exist any legal requirement about how many lines must have an Invoice…

Maybe your Customer say that because in Mexico exist a legal requirement that say that any printed Invoice must have a pre-printed number, that’s means that we must print an Invoice only in pre-printed formats that contain a unique invoice number and, of course, those pre-printed formats can contain only a specific number of lines… That’s why some of our Customers separate each Invoice according to a fix quantity of lines. But, on the other hand, other Customers use to print huge Invoices with many lines and many pages, naturally we create a specific report to do that, because those Invoices must have a sub-total in each page and a legend that say ‘Invoice 1 of 3’, ‘Invoice 2 of 3’ etc… So, there is not a legal requirement about the number of lines and each Customer take a personal decision about print invoices only with a specific number of lines or print invoices with many pages and legends that explain a multi pages invoice…

I hope that this information can be useful, if you need any thing else please don’t hesitate to ask.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n