Options

Issue - while Copy Item List

JAYESHJAYESH Member Posts: 290
I am working on Navision 4.0

I have two different database with the same records.

In database 1 i copied list of item and paste it in to excel sheet, it's work

But in other database with the same records it's not work. this thing i am doing on same PC.

I got this message while i try to copy the list of item

ERROR

there is no enough memory to execute this function.

if you work in a single-user installation, you can try reducing the value of the catch program property. you can find information about how to optimize the operating system in the documentation for your operating system.

If you have solution then let me know

Thank you
JAYESH PATEL

Comments

• Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    get more memory :D

If you copy all that info - the first time is fine but the second time it runs out of memory correct?

if so it's because all that original data is still using up memory. if you checked you clipboard you will see.

so copy it into excel. save the file! close excel.
    On my excel if I have major data in memory. excel asks if I want to keep it when I close. Say NO!
    then open the file again & try to copy with the second database info.
  • Options
    No...every time i try to copy on first database it's work fine and it's not allow me to copy from the second database in navision....

I also restart my pc to and try first to copy from the second database..i got same message.

when i try to copy the list of item from the navision database it's show me that message...

i was not reach up to paste in excel.......
    JAYESH PATEL
  • Options
    Have you thought about just exporting your data to a txt file using a dataport & importing it into excel?

Does your copy paste work on lists that aren't so huge?
    Have you tried filterring the list to a smaller amount to see if that works?
  • Options
    Have you thought about just exporting your data to a txt file using a dataport & importing it into excel?

Yes..from dataport it was work no problem....but user want to copy directely from the list....they dont want to use dataport.....

Does your copy paste work on lists that aren't so huge?

Both database has same nos of records..and also in second database if i try to copy 1/2 item list then 1/2 item list then it's allow me to copy and paste in excel...but it's not allowed me to copy the whole database..

Have you tried filterring the list to a smaller amount to see if that works?

Yes, i removed all other fields..except no..primary key..and try to copy then also it's show me same message.....
    JAYESH PATEL
  • Options
    JAYESH wrote:
    Both database has same nos of records..and also in second database if i try to copy 1/2 item list then 1/2 item list then it's allow me to copy and paste in excel...but it's not allowed me to copy the whole database..

Sounds like a memory issue not a Navision Issue.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Or there is something in the data which is source of big (or neverending) loop in your export function...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    I hide all the other fields except No. field in the item list. and try copy whole records but then also it's shows me same error..i also throught like that the picture fields were there that's why it's creat problem but it's not effected to that....i got same error...
    JAYESH PATEL