Navision Database on NAS (Network attach Storage)

modmod Member Posts: 12
edited 2004-02-24 in Navision Financials
Hi @all,

I´m planning to buy a new Server! Dell and Microsoft says it is 6 to 10 times faster to lay down the Database on a NAS Device!
Did anybody ever test such a system? I Can´t belive that. MBS German says there are no informations availible.
The plan is a machine with a NAS of 6 disk - three Slices of Navision DB.

8) MOD

Comments

• rthswrthsw Member Posts: 73
    Using a MS-SQL? Do this, it will speed up, but not because it is an NAS, but because a NAS consists normaly on a lot ("brunch of") harddisks, and this will result allways in great performance, nevertheles if they are build into the server or used as an NAS.

Using a Native Database? Get the Disks (and thinking about) fast back into your Server!

a Native Navisionserver is (on the same Hardware) allways (except of restoring) 2-5 times faster than sql, but he needs allways complete controll over the writing process. so dont use NAS, Writecache, Raid5 (because this is to slow w/o writecache). Give a Native server as much Harddisks (at least 3, after this the perfomrancegain will geting smaler) at possible on a direct scsi-controller, and he will win any race against sql (or other DB).

By the way: Allways i read or write a posting, i see at the left a picture from a but. At least, i cant recognize if it is male (br) or female (hmmm), so does anyone else got this picture, and knows how to disable it?