The US 2.60 Food Bank Variant (Ceres) & Optimiza

MW59MW59 Member Posts: 85
edited 2007-04-03 in Navision Financials
Greetings All,

In this case, the DB is 2.60 and the executables are 3.70A. For those familiar with Ceres, you know there are a lot of custom fields added to otherwise standard tables. Is there any risk associated with the Database Info -> Tables -> Optimize functionality?

Thanks,
mw
I despise animal testing. They get all nervous and give the wrong answers.

Answers

• nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    That command will optimize tables ignores if table belongs to standard Navisiono or Not. It's all the same to navision.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • MW59MW59 Member Posts: 85
    Thank you, nunomaia. I appreciate you took the time to respond. If the moderators are agreeable, I may leave this post open a little longer (approx. 2100 GMT, Tuesday). You see, I'll be AFK until then and I want to hear just one more person say I needn't be concerned about "Optimize".

All the added-on fields and in some cases, custom tables (will they optimize?), make me nervous.

Thanks again.

mw
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    The optimize function in Navision works on table level. Independant of the fields in it. It optimizes the indexes on the tables.
    If you use SQL, it does an INDEXREBUILD of the indexes and cleans out the SIFT-tables (removes records with only 0's in them).

In both cases you don't need to worry about it.

In Navision though it is better to only optimize tables that change little, because optimizing optimizes performance for reading, but can decrease performance for writing.

In SQL, it is not needed to do it from Navision anymore. There is the INDEXREBUILD-command and there are SQL-scripts (see Tips&Tricks forum and the download section) to remove the 0-SIFT records.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• MW59MW59 Member Posts: 85
    Excellent... thanks for the additional info, kriki.

mw