Where is the promised 5.1 tech preview???

pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
From https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... launch.htm :
"Microsoft Dynamics 5.0 will ship with the C/SIDE client, all the new application features, Microsoft Office 2007 integration, and a technical preview of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.1."

I can't find it on the released NAV5.0DK - anyone able to find it?
Regards
Peter

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • TvisTvis Member Posts: 70
    I think he is asking about the technical preview...
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    I don't think that is available right now.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
    Tvis wrote:
    I think he is asking about the technical preview...
    Exactly. Has anyone seen or heard anything about how postponed it is? (The tech preview I mean)
    Regards
    Peter
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    I was wondering exacly the same. :?

Another delay. I just hope it is worth waiting for.
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Just got this in my mailbox:
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.1 Technical Preview Available to All Partners in June 2007
    To help enable our partners to gain early familiarity with the scope and functionality of the new RoleTailored client, we intend to make a Technical Preview of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.1 available to our broad Partner channel in June 2007. Prior to this, we will be using a limited number of partners and MVPs to help us test and finalize the content of the release, and we will ensure that relevant internal Microsoft personnel have also received information and training on the Technical Preview.

The Technical Preview is currently expected to be released on PartnerSource as a VPC Image.

Although the Technical Preview of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.1 is not primarily intended as a sales tool, it may be used with discretion in instances where a preview of the RoleTailored client will help close an important deal with an existing customer or prospect. To meet similar needs prior to the release of the Technical Preview, we recommend that Partners use the click-through demo of the RoleTailored client, which is already available as part of the current Statement of Direction deliverable. Download this demo on PartnerSource.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • p.willemse6p.willemse6 Member Posts: 216
    there is a detailed release plan on the partnersource, which states in which countries the versions will be available. Tier 1 countries still are planned for Q4...
    there is a detailed release plan on the partnersource, which states in which countries the versions will be available. Tier 1 countries still are planned for Q4...
    You can find it here:
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17235&highlight=release+date

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
    Extracts from an MS newsletter.
    Bad news:
    "We would like to inform you that the release of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.1 will be delayed. Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.1 was scheduled for release in Q4 CY07. We now expect the product to be available in H1 CY08."

Good news:
    "Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.1 Technical Preview Available to All Partners in June 2007
    To help enable you to gain early familiarity with the scope and functionality of the new RoleTailored client, we intend to make a Technical Preview of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.1 available in June 2007. The Technical Preview is currently expected to be released on PartnerSource as a VPC Image."
    Regards
    Peter
  • Tim_SayanyTim_Sayany Member Posts: 3
    pdj wrote:
    Extracts from an MS newsletter.
    Bad news:
    "We would like to inform you that the release of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.1 will be delayed. Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.1 was scheduled for release in Q4 CY07. We now expect the product to be available in H1 CY08."

Good news:
    "Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.1 Technical Preview Available to All Partners in June 2007
    To help enable you to gain early familiarity with the scope and functionality of the new RoleTailored client, we intend to make a Technical Preview of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.1 available in June 2007. The Technical Preview is currently expected to be released on PartnerSource as a VPC Image."

The bad news is that in conversations with MBS guys they say that their internal copies are still VERY flaky and they're not sure that June will be met......
    Been doing this NAV thing for far too long......but still enjoying it!
  • p.willemse6p.willemse6 Member Posts: 216
    official confirmation: H1 2008...
    I got confirmation that the tech preview to the members of the "ISV Beta Program" is sent out. So a select group of partners are going to get the tech preview pretty soon.

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • Tim_SayanyTim_Sayany Member Posts: 3
    Waldo wrote:
    I got confirmation that the tech preview to the members of the "ISV Beta Program" is sent out. So a select group of partners are going to get the tech preview pretty soon.

General Tech preview release has been promised for the UK in October. MBS have actually said that it is in "code complete" stage, so now in shakedown phase and ensuring that performance is robust.
    Been doing this NAV thing for far too long......but still enjoying it!