Options

ODBC and NF 2.65

RavenRaven Member Posts: 3
edited 2003-08-29 in Navision Financials
Anyone found a solution for this?

Anyone out there using ODBC with NF 2.65?

Background: Navision never released a odbc driver for this version as it was made while we where waiting for Attain - it is basically a NF 2.60 with the e-commerce of Attain.

Comments

• Options
    eromeineromein Member Posts: 589
    my guess would be upgrading or contacting the Navision HQ in your country.
    "Real programmers don't comment their code.
    If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand."
  • Options
    RavenRaven Member Posts: 3
    Upgrading to Attain is - as you probably know - not just installing a new program so that is not an option (although this was Navisions response a year ago).

I used to work in a NSC and I got it to work with a developer license but never a customer license (but still got further than Navision themselves).

Now I have to try it again and would like to hear if anyone has found a solution in the last year or so.
  • Options
    eromeineromein Member Posts: 589
    Is it possible to downgrade from 2.65 to 2.60? Can't be that much differences. I'm sry to say I don't know your version (2.65), in fact I didn't even know it existed.
    "Real programmers don't comment their code.
    If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand."
  • Options
    DoomhammerDoomhammer Member Posts: 211
    Hi.

I use ODBC driver with Financials 2.65 and 2.66 (2.60 E and 2.60 F) without any problems. My judgement is, that there are no major changes in Navision client executeable (FIN.EXE) among different versions of 2.60 (A to G) so you can use ODBC driver with practicaly any version of FIN.EXE. Major changes are in application objects and database functionality (and in SQL client option of course, but with SQL option you cannot use ODBC)

About upgrade: You can upgrade from Financials to Attain easily without complicated migrating your database. You only need granule 2.110 Navision Attain 3.xx in license file. Financials database can be easily converted to Attain database - you can simply open 2.60 FDB file in 3.60 client, at first time you will be asked for database conversion (this conversion is not reversible, 3.60 DB cannot be opened in 2.60 client) and then you can use old database in new client and you can use new capabilities of 3.60

I hope I helped you.

Bye.
    Martin Bokůvka, AxiomProvis