Problem with Notification Agent in Business Analytics

M-a-r-t-yM-a-r-t-y Member Posts: 15
Hi all, I have a problem with Notification Agent in BA. When I create a new agent and set up a schedule I always get an error by email (sent to my administrator account) "Error report - Fatal error" (in subject ) with the following body:

Command: insert into TARGIT_SCHEDULE(EVENTID, EVENTTYPE, CURRSTATUS, OWNER, REPETITION, PERIOD, STARTTIME, FILENAME, MAILTO, SUBJECT) values(5, 'NOT', 'W', 'BUSANAL\Administrator', 'D', 1, '26/03/2007 08:46:00', 'vfs://Global/notification test.xview', 'mailek@email.cz', 'Negative sales') failed. Query failed
Detail: String or binary data would be truncated

What is wrong with it? I have a mail server IP set up correctly (as it sends the message to the admin account), using NAV 4.0 SP2. Any help will be appreciated. :roll:

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It seems like some long text string, but I never tested the BA scheduler.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • jarautajarauta Member Posts: 3
    I have te same problem. is there any solution?

thank you
  • jarautajarauta Member Posts: 3
    One of the problem to create the notification is the \ of the user owner

i have a problem when I create the Notification. this notification dooes not run. :(

Any idea?
  • froewisfroewis Member Posts: 5
    Hello!

I have the same problem and the solution is that the windows user are not able to make a notification.

I have change the login mode to NoWindows Login an then the notification agent runs well.

I hope i could help you.