Options

Need help with pop up FORM !!

brucembrucem Member Posts: 86
edited 2000-06-30 in Navision Financials
Hi,

i have a situation where i can allow the user to duplicate a record to a new record. At present as part of the routine i create a pop input dialog box with two fields that request info for the new index ( ItemNo and DocID).

What i would like to do is create a pop up FORM with two drill down fields where the user can pick the Item from the Item table and the DocId from the DocId table.

Is this possible ?

Bruce

Comments

• Options
    Mr_David_CoxMr_David_Cox Member Posts: 15
    Bruce

Form Level
    TextBox Properties
    TableRelation = Item
    TableRelation = DocID

MindSource(UK)Limited
    Navision Service Partner
    info@mindsource.co.uk www.mindsource.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Mr David Cox (edited 15-06-2000).]
    MindSource(UK)Limited
    Navision Service Partner
    info@mindsource.co.uk
    www.mindsource.co.uk
  • Options
    brucembrucem Member Posts: 86
    I have created a second form which opens from a button click on the main form. This form allow me to select info via lookups.

However the pop up form is not aware of the current record from the calling form. Is is possible to pass the current record on the calling form to the new form. I need to filter the underlying table of the calling form to copy the selected record to a new table ?

Bruce
  • Options
    krishnadkrishnad Member Posts: 36
    However the pop up form is not aware of the current record from the calling form. Is is possible to pass the current record on the calling form to the new form.

Say the lookup form id = 1008...
    1. Create a 2nd instance of the record i.e. "MyItem"
    2. Call the lookup form and pass it said instance.
    Action=RUN(1008,MyItem,"No.")
    3. If Action=LookupOK then the current record of "MyItem" will be the selected record from the lookup form.

• Options
    John_TegelaarJohn_Tegelaar Member Posts: 159
    Did you try to use SETSELECTIONFILTER in the OnPush trigger of the button you use to call the secondform?

John
  • Options
    krishnadkrishnad Member Posts: 36
    On the above solution make sure the form is in "Lookup" mode.