How to create a fin.stx file?

uo22a1uo22a1 Member Posts: 7
edited 2006-04-13 in Navision Attain
:( I couldn't find the language module for Japanese, so I had to translate it by myself. I succeeded in translate tables and forms. But the system menu is still English because I'm using the English fin.stx. I tried to modifiy the Menu Texts in fin.stx with a text editor and Navision general a error:

There is a checksum error in the fin.stx file. The file has been changed or corrupted since it was installed. ...

Does anyone know how to create a fin.stx?

Thanks

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    You can't. This file needs to be created by Microsoft Business Solutions.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • uo22a1uo22a1 Member Posts: 7
    What about Navision Localization Workbench? Can I add fin.stx to a project and do the translation and later generate a localized fin.stx file?
  • MaciMaci Member Posts: 65
    No, You can´t. Only MBS can.

fin.stx is a "compiled" file
    :wink:
  • Steve_KaillSteve_Kaill Member Posts: 4
    Not sure I remember correctly but I think the stx country code is only used during startup to compare with your license and as a default. As long as you can get the product to start, the language is setup by code. You can switch languages in Tools > Language and it will remember that language to startup in next time you log in. You will need a folder of the language name within the Navision main folder too though and it must be named the code for that language. This folder can be an exact copy of say the ENU folder but it must be named the language code you want to use which will be something like JPN. To get the system to start in a particular language instead of selecting it the first time you can also take a look at codeunit 1 ApplicationManagement, LoginStart.

I just tested this theory in NANA3.60A and it worked.
  • uo22a1uo22a1 Member Posts: 7
    But the system menu is still English, I also want to translate them into Japanese.
  • bozgiraybozgiray Member Posts: 8
    uo22a1 wrote:
    But the system menu is still English, I also want to translate them into Japanese.

You can translate the fin.stx file in the NLW, by adding it as a .stx file. But you should also have the correct country code at correct places. I am afraid you cannot do this by using a tool. You should take the right code and change it at the right places by connecting your NTR. Then you should locate the translated stx file to the right folders(that means, in the client and the localized folder), and then seal the latest folders with the right stx file from command prompt.
  • mrQQmrQQ Member Posts: 239
    doesnt work.. :( still wont load in navision..
  • sindyleesindylee Member Posts: 13
    You can translate the fin.stx by NLW. and Send to Microsoft Navision Support Center to "sealed" it. Then you can use it.