Options

Printing Report Using From Date and To Date.(Date Range)

kolaboykolaboy Member Posts: 446
Hi all,
I am finding difficult to design a report using the date range. I want to be printing reports weekly, Monthly or Yearly attendance of employees.
Can anyone help me please.

I have develop a staff attendance registration in Nav. HR. It is in The Form: Name, Time in, Time out and Total time.

Now i want the late commers name be in a different colour say RED when the report is printed. The Late time is anytime after 9:00am.

Can any one help me out with this problem Please.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You can't use colors in reports.
  • Options
    themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    I am assuming you created a new table to hold the attendance date, probably just a few fields,

employee no.
    date
    time in
    time out
    total time

So, the way I would approach the reports with date ranges is to add a flowfield to the employee table, linked to the attendance table

Then you can just create your reports from the employe table and set the date filter there. this way you can easily use and of the flowfilter on the employee table. such as the datefilter, department filter ect.

You could at that point use the new report wizard on the employee table
  • Options
    Ann said i can't use colours in report.
    So how can i differentiate the late commers from those who are not late, if i am to print attendance report apart from looking at the time in?

I would like livermore to help me further explain the steps i will take one at a time please, Because i don't seem to understand what he is putting accross.
    Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    PEzechielsPEzechiels Member Posts: 83
    HI,

Maybe you could define a variable ,place it in your report and fill it if someone is late.
  • Options
    lubostlubost Member Posts: 616
    You can use color as filled shape behind the text.
  • Options
    Hi Lubost,
    Can you please explain the steps i can take to add color as filled shape behind the text Please, i just don't know how to go about it and i need this this work.
    Thanks
  • Options
    lubostlubost Member Posts: 616
    Step by step sequence:

1. With any possible app. create bitmap image (filled shape). The only limitation is size <32k
    2. In section select tool Image a set the property Bitmap to point to your bitmap file.
    3. Adjust the position of Image control and via Format menu send it to back
    4. Check the property BackTransparent of regular fields is set to Yes

Good luck
  • Options
    Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    ... and copy the section, one of the sections does not have the image and has something like CurrReport.SHOWOUTPUT(NOT Late) and the other has it the other way around.

BTW what I usually do on reports is to have a column that displays a boolean checkmark if some condition is true - if the client is fairly attentive and literate, it works. If they are not so too attentive then it displays something like "!!! TROUBLE !!!" :D