Error on Installing NAV 4.0 SP3 on Vista.

BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
Hi,

I am getting the following error after installation of NAV 4.0 SP3 on Windows Vista:

On starting the application:

There are errors in the text conversion (text no. 46-100 does not exist in the .stx file).

Internal error:47-1

While closing the application:

Runtime Error!

Program:...les\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Client\fin.exe

R6025
-pure virtual function call

I know there is a KB download for 4.00 SP3 to solve the Vista compatibility problems. The Vista comp. patch can be requested from Microsoft under KB 931841.

But will both errors mentioned above be solved by this patch or did I go wrong somewhere during my installation?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Beatrice.

But does this

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Yes, both errors are solved by the compatibility patch. It is why the patch exists... :D
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • StaneBStaneB Member Posts: 5
    I am trying to install also Platform Roll-up Microsoft Dynamics NAV US 4.0 SP3 (KB931841).exe on top of NAV400SP3 (build 23305) but receiving an error:

"The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because th eprogram to be upgraded may be missing, on the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch."

Does anyone share this experience?
  • mplatvoetmplatvoet Member Posts: 34
    I had the same problem, and I discovered that the patch that I received was for another Language version of NAV than the one I installed... ](*,)
    After requesting the right version and installing it the problem was solved. So be sure that the version you installed matches with the version of the rollup update.
    You wouldn't believe... right now I was on line with MS Support Center to get a hotfix for my SI version of NAV 4.00 SP3. ;-)

Thanx for your answer!
  • poststationpoststation Member Posts: 17
    StaneB wrote:
    I am trying to install also Platform Roll-up Microsoft Dynamics NAV US 4.0 SP3 (KB931841).exe on top of NAV400SP3 (build 23305) but receiving an error:

"The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because th eprogram to be upgraded may be missing, on the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch."

Does anyone share this experience?

don't double-click this exe file, try this way:
    right-click this file, and select "run as administrator"
    Michael

Navision Consultant
  • mplatvoetmplatvoet Member Posts: 34
    Yes.... Be sure that the version you are trying to install the patch onto is also the US version of NAV.... otherwise it will not work and you get this error. If you are using another version than the US version you get the error that you quoted.
    mplatvoet wrote:
    Yes.... Be sure that the version you are trying to install the patch onto is also the US version of NAV.... otherwise it will not work and you get this error. If you are using another version than the US version you get the error that you quoted.

Yes, this is the right answer.
    You must get a specific language hotfix from MS Support.
    It works then.