Options

How to bind OCX to NF serialno.

r_schuelerr_schueler Member Posts: 28
edited 2000-06-23 in Navision Financials
Hi everybody,

I'm planning to create an OCX for Navision Financials 2.01. I want this OCX to run only if the serialno of the NF Server matches the one hidden in the OCX (for copy protection and licence reasons). The problem is how to get the server serialno
from within the OCX. Could it be done using C/Front and
is a special NF licence needed for using C/Front ?

Best regards
Rainer Schueler

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    I don't think it's possible to read the serialno of the license-file on the server. In C/FRONT there is a function CHECKLICENSEFILE but this checks the permissions of a specified object.

You can read the fin.flf on the client-side, and check for the serialno (using Visual Basic), but you can't read the fin.flf on the server. There is no reason to give read-access to the directory on the server where the server.exe and fin.flf resides.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    JohnPJohnP Member Posts: 56
    Use C/Front to have a look at system table 2000000040 licence information. This has two fields, line no. & text. You should then be able to access the licence in use by the server and look for the line with the serial number.

Haven't tried it with C/Front but it works from C/AL.

JohnP
  • Options
    Mr_David_CoxMr_David_Cox Member Posts: 15
    How would this be affected by new Navision licences?
    Upgrades etc:

Would you have to recode your OCX?

Better to create licence encription within the OCX code for registering your OCX!

MindSource(UK)Limited
    Navision Service Partner
    info@mindsource.co.uk
    www.mindsource.co.uk
    MindSource(UK)Limited
    Navision Service Partner
    info@mindsource.co.uk
    www.mindsource.co.uk
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr David Cox:
    How would this be affected by new Navision licences?
    Upgrades etc:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I checked several Navision licences: when adding granules to an existing license or when upgrading from eg. NF 1.10 to NF 2.00, the serial number was always the same.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)