Return received inventory to the Receive Bin to Undo receipt

KWevickKWevick Member Posts: 103
Has anyone created a way to return inventory to the receive bin after it has erroneously been received and put to stock. This is a directed pick and putaway warehouse situation. No invoices have been posted.

Comments

• nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    Depending you warehouse configuration, you have undo shipments.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • KWevickKWevick Member Posts: 103
    We have undo receipts, but that only works if they are still in the receive bin. We have directed pick and putaway with bins mandatory.
    Thanks
    Karen
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Can't you do a movement in the movement worksheet?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • KWevickKWevick Member Posts: 103
    Nothing will allow you to move the items back the the receive bin. Movement Worksheet, Warehouse Reclass Journal, Whse. Item Journals do not recognize the Receive type bin. It is evidently a special animal. It does not even show on bin contents.
  • cptsicptsi Member Posts: 3
    Did you ever come up with a resolution to this issue? I have the exact same scenario. We are using Lanham E-Receive, directed pick and putaway. During initial implementation, warehouse employees posted receipts and put aways to items by mistake. Months later the client has found many items received and not invoiced uncovering this problem.

I have tried undo receipt, cannot as not in receive bin and Move, cannot move something to a receive bin.

What did you do to resolve the issue?

Thanks,
  • LibertyMountainLibertyMountain Member Posts: 94
    I work for a company that runs Navision 5.0. I am not a NSC. But we ran into this same issue.

In Table 7326 (Whse. Worksheet Line), there is a function CheckBin. We commented out the following code:

// IF WhseWkshTemplate.Type = WhseWkshTemplate.Type::Movement THEN BEGIN
    // GetBinType(Bin."Bin Type Code");
    // BinType.TESTFIELD(Receive,FALSE);
    // END;

The above code prevents you from moving in/out of your Receive Bin. But as all the posts above note, you must return items to your Receive Bin prior to undoing a receipt (you've got to delete the Reg. Putaway Lines and Posted Whse. Receipt line too.)

So I think this code is in place because 99.9% of the movements you do shouldn't be to the receive bin. But as everyone who is reading this thread knows, there exists a case where you want to return something to the receive bin. And this code makes it impossible. So we threw it out. No problems to report (... yet :)).