Options

Windows VISTA & NAVISION 2.x

mayermayer Member Posts: 50
edited 2007-03-15 in Navision Financials
we have tested Windows VISTA Ultimate german and NAVISION 2.01 and 2.6 and both wont run.

You get an error and a mesage "that you will informed when the problem is solved". I read in some other forum that navision 4 with sp2 will work but not with sp3.

Have you any experience or hints?

Comments

• Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    4.0 SP2 (SQL) will only work with a small hack on a Vista-dll (sqlsrv32.dll if I remember exactly).

SP3 doesn't work, because of fin.stx-incompatibilities... . No hack found there... .

My hint would be:
    - try the hack (search Kine's blog) of Sp2, and see if it works for your 2.x version.

My recommendation would be:
    - Don't do it! 2.x is not supported afterall, so don't run it on Vista in a production environment.
    - Do a runtime upgrade after februari 16th, when the new, supported client is released.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    NavStudentNavStudent Member Posts: 399
    All I can say to old version of navision on Vista is. AstalaVISTA BABY
    my 2 cents
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    mayer wrote:
    we have tested Windows VISTA Ultimate german and NAVISION 2.01 and 2.6 and both wont run.

You get an error and a mesage "that you will informed when the problem is solved". I read in some other forum that navision 4 with sp2 will work but not with sp3.

Have you any experience or hints?

The incompatibility with Vista is too deep in the .exe and .dll file to be solved by some hack. The hack is usable just if you are able to run the client but you cannot connect to the SQL server because ADO version check. If you have error when running the client, it is not possible to solve it.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    eazrikeazrik Member Posts: 1
    Any suggestion guys? i already try the suggestion for my navision 2.6 in Vista. it cannot run. i'm blur
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    eazrik wrote:
    Any suggestion guys? i already try the suggestion for my navision 2.6 in Vista. it cannot run. i'm blur

The only solution is not to use Vista... :(
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Or run VPC under vista ... .
    I've got one called "Stuff unsupported by Vista" ... :wink:

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog