Options

G/L Entry- Remaining amount = 0 Open = True!!!

hazemhazem Member Posts: 187
Hello,

I know that when the "remaining amount" is null, "Open" must be false on entries but...
In some G/L entries, i have "Remaining amount" = 0 and Open = True!!
Is it possible? If yes, can you give me an explanation of that?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    I have found no fields in Table 17 named as "Remaining Amount" or "Open". I guess the field if present will be a part of Localization. Can you tell the field numbers.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Options
    chris_johnsonchris_johnson Member Posts: 22
    Do we assume that this is the Remaining Amount in the Customer Ledger Entry?

Is it possible that the field is simply formatted that it shows 0.00 in the remaining amount but could actually be 0.0012 for example.

In other words, could this because of number formatting that it shows 0 and because of a very small amount that it shows open?
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Yeah, the remaining amount and open fields on the G/L table would not make sense in the accounting world.

It must be a customization, in which case, you'll need to contact your local solution center to troubleshoot.
  • Options
    Yeah, the remaining amount and open fields on the G/L table would not make sense in the accounting world.

Well it do make sense in accounting world. It is basically used for reconciling payables and reciveables which are non customer/vendor related. SAP provides such functionality.
    CA Sandeep Singla
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    It doesn't make sense in the General Ledger. The purpose of the general ledger is to accumulate the transactions for each respective G/L accounts.

In the pen and paper days, you do not record what the customer owe you on the General Ledger.
  • Options
    One Example:
    For the year end provisions made in the accounts you would always like to see which provision made has been cleared/settled off. Loans and advances are another example.
    In the pen and paper days, you do not record what the customer owe you on the General Ledger.
    What I mentioned was non Customer/vendor related receiveable/payable.
    CA Sandeep Singla
  • Options
    I think we are going Off Topic
    CA Sandeep Singla
  • Options
    vanrofivanrofi Member Posts: 272
    I have the same fields in table 17.
    They are numbered
    Enabled Field No. Field Name Data Type Length Description
    Yes 11302 Remaining Amount Decimal
    Yes 11303 Closed by Entry No. Integer
    Yes 11304 Closed at Date Date
    Yes 11305 Closed by Amount Decimal
    Yes 11306 Applies-to ID Code 20

this means that it is part of localisation, and in this case it is electronic banking I believe (Isabel in Belgium).

The Open and remaining data is consequent in my database, I think you should check on updates or so?
    Don't think it really hurts, it is just a matter of filtering by the system, where it uses Open = false to skip most records.

A report should fix this : if Remaining amount = 0 then Open := true modify (false)

do you have a belgian version in Tunis?
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Alex Chow wrote:

Actually that's not true. Its important to remember that this is an international forum, not just a US forum. I have come across this requirement often, and have implemented the change for some clients, but it does seem more country specific than say industry specific, so I can understand that you have not come across a client that needs this. The need generally arises not so much from day to day business needs, but more from the audit process, and it's during the audit process that the application is made.
    David Singleton