Business Notifications - how to create own templates

a_abyzova_abyzov Member Posts: 5
Hi to all.
If somebody knows how or where can I find info about how to create own scheme or template manually for Business Notification server, please post the reference or example.
The thing is that when I tried to create my own xmlport, event in it, then executed my event in OnModify trigger of a table, of course created appropriate scheme in Notification manager, I've got an error about multiple root elements in scheme. But even if I wanna use existing xml port (for instance 8004 Production BOM) and create a new event, then execute it in trigger I still got an error, now it's linked with error 'using xpstar.dll when executing stored procedure sp_MSgetversion'. Can anybody help me in it? Any help will be deeply appreciated.
You'll never walk alone...

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    The error about multiple roots is when your XMLPort has incorrect design. You need to have non-repeating tag as a root. Add one fixed tag as a root, and rest of your XMLPort must be nested into it.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • a_abyzova_abyzov Member Posts: 5
    I've read about multiple root elements error. But the thing even is that I really can't create any new scheme that works. If I use event of already created business entity it works, but if I create new event of the same existing business entity (and run it from OnModify trigger) it fails. Could somebody please give me an advise how to create new templates in Notification manager? This is the main question I ever had in BN!!!
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Last time I tried to use BN I ended with the "No business unit" error. I gave up after that, it seems like from some versions there are problems. Have you asked Microsoft for help with this issue?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Actually not, coz I don't know how to do this. Can you give a reference to post help message? Frankly, it'is pretty bad that there're too much problems with BN installation and even usage. Where's the easy-to-use interface Microsoft popularize all the time? As many of BN users I'm becoming angry. But I need to know the answer for: how to create notifications manually, and I hope I'll find it.
    That's great! Finally I've made this! Now I can set up my own notification schemes and appropriate things in Navision (XMLport, trigger and so on). I've just watched how it was used in codeunit 8000 of Business Notification Management, that was used for templates.
  • andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
    Hello, could you please explain better how you have solved.
    I found also some video of Microsoft but is not very complete.

We are using version 5.0.

I create a new XML Port (copy of 8000 standard - Purchase Order) but I don't see it in the Business Notification Template.
    I have not written code in Navision yet but I think that the two things are not related in design phase. Isn'it?

The code should be modified for generating the message notification and can be found later.

Thank you