SQL Performance forum

Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
edited 2007-03-09 in Feedback
Lately there are very many SQL Performance post, and many of them are not NAV version related.

What do you think of the idea to have a special performance forum within MiBuSo?

(This way it would be easier for me to check new posts :mrgreen: )

Comments

• NavStudentNavStudent Member Posts: 399
    It's only I who has been posting them. So just filter on my question.
    :mrgreen:

here is one that you can start with.

http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16343&highlight=[/quote]
    my 2 cents
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    I'm in favour for a SQL forum, but not limited to performance issues. I feel SQL will be more and more important (and in some cases it is required) when Dynamics NAV 5.1 is released.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I agree, performance is just one thing we're dealing with on SQL Server, and I do think it would be nice to have a separate forum for SQL Server issues.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    I will be one of the biggest beneficiary. \:D/
    Off late I have started programming and planning to appear for the first technical exam next week. Though I have never appeared for any functional certification :mrgreen: . Planning to learn SQL and related performance issue. The forum will be of great help.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Yeah, I vote for a SQL specific forum instead of a performance only forum.

This would be inline with what MSFT is wanting the partners to do all along. That's to learn SQL Server and sell it.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    For me it doesn't make a difference. I just click on messages I have not read and the go through the list. It doesn't mater what forum they are in.
    The users will make more mistakes on whether to put the question in Navision or in SQL. SQL will be only platform in 5.1 for 3 tierd so will people ask question about 5.1 thread or SQL?
    Lets keep it simple.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    I would say that we create a voting for it.
    SQL performance or SQL general. And possibly also ask why a certain choice has been made. Like this, with a lot of opinions and ideas, we can decide which new type of forum to make.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    kriki wrote:
    I would say that we create a voting for it.
    SQL performance or SQL general. And possibly also ask why a certain choice has been made. Like this, with a lot of opinions and ideas, we can decide which new type of forum to make.

OK ... you got my vote for the "SQL General" forum. There are lots of performance questions, but not only that ... also other SQL questions can be handled then ...

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    I vote for a "General SQL questions" forum because how many subforums you will create for the SQL-Server?
    - Performance
    - Data Connection
    - Maintanance
    - Installation
    - Configuration
    - [...]
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Due to members request and the importance of SQL in future (NAV) installations, 2 new forums were created:

SQL General
    This forum is for all SQL-related topics: installation, integration, maintenance, security, ...
    Don't post messages about SQL performance/tuning here: there is a separate forum for these topics.

SQL Performance
    This topic has been created for all SQL-related topics about performance & tuning.

Moderator of these forums is me, myself and kriki ;-)
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Thanks, Luc! =D>

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    =D>
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in