Mibuso is not working

zeninolegzeninoleg Member Posts: 236
edited 2007-02-01 in Feedback
I have noticed that very often at around 12.00 Eastern Time, Mibuso is not responding. Am I the only one who has this problem.
Also I have sent an email to one of the users and it appeared in my own mailbox..... :-k strange
Best Regards,
Oleg

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    There is a backup-script running at 00:05 and 12:05 Eastern Time which dumps the mySQL database to a sql-file and uses pkzip to compress it.

About the email: you are the first to report this. Not that I want to question your mind: but did you entered the correct username?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • zeninolegzeninoleg Member Posts: 236
    Hi Luc,
    I have forwarded the email that I have received(which was supposed to go to the another user). I have forwarded it to webmaster@mibuso.com, so you can see that it says the correct receipent name but it came to me.....
    Best Regards,
    Oleg
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    There is a backup-script running at 00:05 and 12:05 Eastern Time which dumps the mySQL database to a sql-file and uses pkzip to compress it.

Is that an optimal time??
    for me personally it's the worst time for a slowdown.
  • zeninolegzeninoleg Member Posts: 236
    It is not the best time for me, so I ............. take lunch at that time! :lol:
    Best Regards,
    Oleg
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Savatage wrote:
    for me personally it's the worst time for a slowdown.
    Depends if you are located in the US or in Europe. I can't pick a time which is optimal for everybody.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Still, it is very insteresting that the backup is locking the database. I know that when I used mySQL for my Computer club software, I was running the backup once per hour and there were no problems (but of course, the DB was very small - the uncompressed text file had around 60MB). I was using mysqldump sending the output through pipe into compression software (I think that it was gzip or tar or something like that) and it saved the output in compressed format. It means no large writes of text data, but just writes of compressed result.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.