Options

Nav 4 SP2 Employee Portal - Sharepoint Error 10500

b2b_Vijayb2b_Vijay Member Posts: 76
edited 2009-03-23 in Navision e-Commerce
Hi,

Did anybody come across the below error message. I did find some messages posted before in this forum, and i tried most of them, but in vain.
===========================
Navision error (10500): This message is for C/AL programmers: Invalid assignment. It is not possible to assign a IXMLDOMElement to a IXMLDOMNode.
===========================

NAS is running and i did print a message to Event Log and confirmed.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Vijay

Comments

• Options
    nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    Witch sharepoint version are you using ?
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    Sharepoint 2.00 Service pack 2.00
    Regards,
    Vijay
  • Options
    ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    Yesterday that I encountered that error was because I haven't setup the report run action properly... especially about the table no....

I hope it is your case also...
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply. Can you please be more clear? If you can reply back, where i can do the required changes to make it run.

Thank You...
    Regards,
    Vijay
  • Options
    Hi,

I did successfully installed Employee Portal, share Point 2 & SP2, NAS.

======================================
    Search Web Part for Navision Employee Portal

Navision error (10500): This message is for C/AL programmers: Could not invoke the member appendChild. The OLE control or Automation server returned an unknown error code.

======================================

When i click on Search Button from the Sharepoint (default.aspx) screen, i get the above error message.

I did compile all the code units and there are no compilation issues.

Any suggestions to solve the above problem will be highly appreciated.
    Regards,
    Vijay
  • Options
    Hi,

Each user must have setup properly for each searching...

Go to the EP Users form, choose the user you want, and at the User button choose Search Configuration...

You must pick the table you are searching and the corresponding Group and WP request code.

If you have build a special page with a group you can make it as the target link (under that form in the Target Link field i.e. Navision/Customer.aspx)

That's about it...

I guess your problem is that you haven't inserted a line under the user search configuration about that specific table you are trying to search...
  • Options
    Additionaly the 10500 error seems to appear and when you have made an action that runs a report and you have forgotten to enter the proper table in that specific action setup line... and not olny when you haven't setup the search tables and search configuration properly... :)
  • Options
    Thanks Arhontis for the response. I have to create users and also do the setup.
    Regards,
    Vijay
  • Options
    Hi,

I still get the below error when i try to click on any link which is attached to a report
    ============================================
    Navision error (10500): The operating system cannot find the file C:\Documents and Settings\NEP_User\Local Settings\Temp\__TEMP__.FJP . Please check that the drive, directory and file names are correct.

Any help would be of great help.
    Regards,
    Vijay
  • Options
    IHateLinuxIHateLinux Member Posts: 223
    Hi,

for the first error
    Navision error (10500): This message is for C/AL programmers: Invalid assignment. It is not possible to assign a IXMLDOMElement to a IXMLDOMNode
    there is one simple solution:
    register the file / DLL "msxml3.dll" again (it is in the system32 folder) by using regsvr32 msxml3.dll.
    Then this error should no longer happen again.

The second error
    Navision error (10500): The operating system cannot find the file C:\Documents and Settings\NEP_User\Local Settings\Temp\__TEMP__.FJP . Please check that the drive, directory and file names are correct.
    is something different. This happens if the report contains no data. Then the function "REPORT.SAVEASXML" is not generating just an empty document, it is generating nothing (!!!).

To do the trick try the following:
    1.) Save one report as XML which contains data
    2.) Open the file and replace most of the content by just a single message
    "No data" (or something similar you want to show to your users)
    3.) Store that file in the folder of the NAS or somewhere in a well known path on your harddisk (of the NAS)
    4.) Add some code in the codeunit
    IF File.EXIST(TmpFileName) THEN BEGIN
    // default code
    END ELSE BEGIN
    // Now load the well known file instead of the not existing report
    ... (replace the TmpFileName just with the complete path and name of your file)
    END

Then you will have always a nice response.

HTH,
    Rainer
  • Options
    Thanks Rainer for the response.

So can i conclude that we cannot trigger processing only reports from Sharepoint(Employee Portal)

If you want to import any documents or pictures into Navision , say for example using attachment functionality in Navision, any ideas how we can achieve this functionality.

I have a requirement to upload documents like word or excel and also image files from sharepoint into Navision.

Thanks for all the responses.
    Regards,
    Vijay
  • Options
    b2b_Vijay wrote:
    Hi,

I still get the below error when i try to click on any link which is attached to a report

Any help would be of great help.

I am glad to be of help... :)

As for the missing temp file is mainly because the report didn't run to create a file, and that is because it raises error for required filters...

You might have some errors in the EP server log (system event viewer) that say about the error the report running raised...

So, you propably must make modifications on the report to have predefined filters or pass them as parameters to the report action of the EP (in the connection between WR requests->Fieds) by adding a line with only "Target Field No." and "Target Field Default Value" filled...

In case you want to use functionality like CW or CM e.t.c. in the "Target Field Default Value" you must make some modifications to EP by yourself, just look at the post:
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16182
  • Options
    slavc007slavc007 Member Posts: 7
    Dear all,

i am also having a problem with this kind of error - 10500. My error is:

Navision error (10500): '%3))' is not a valid date. For information about entering dates and times, see the online Help.

I am getting this when i want to use "Save record" action for table 83 - item journal line.

Can anyone help me with this, please?

brgds,

Slavisa