Installation Problems on Windows 2000 Server - SP4

nativentnativent Member Posts: 4
edited 2007-01-18 in Navision Financials
I installed Navision Financials 2.6B onto Windows 2000 Server - service pack 4 and it does not seem to install it... it goes about 40% and then the bar expedites to the end and finishes...

When I look for it, I don't see it installed. I see some files in my system but on execute it cannot launch

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Hmmm... what to say... :-)

Our customers are using 2.60G as last 2.60 version and we have no problems. But if you pay maintenance, I recommend to use some newer version. Or you can just copy the files from install folder, manually register all .dll and install as service from command line.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • nativentnativent Member Posts: 4
    edited 2007-01-18
    Right now we have 2.6b installed on NT Server. We're migrating to a new server that has Windows 2000 Server instead of NT. We're trying to install navision on the new server. We have the license file and shows it is registered to the company and e'thing but we have no manual...

What is the command line, command to do install the service... manually.. How do I install manually. We can't afford the upgrade... we have to keep what we have. We've upgraded the server to windows 2000.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    2000 on a new server? :shock: Are you sure you don't have Windows Server 2003? If so, then 2.6 will probably not work, and you'll have to do a technical upgrade.
  • nativentnativent Member Posts: 4
    Yes, we have a dell power edge with RAID1 - 1 gigabyte of memory. We have Windows 2000 SErver installed. We're installing Navision Financials 2.6B on top of that... fresh install. Then we're going to restore the data we already have backed up to the new install. But we can't get past the installation stage...