Options

Navision E-Commerce experiences

Peter_WijntjesPeter_Wijntjes Member Posts: 28
edited 2005-02-17 in Navision e-Commerce
Hello,

I am in the process of selecting an E-commerce solution for a Navision Attain user.
I would like to get in contact with anyone who has experience comparing the different options. I am interested in costs, complexity (usage, setup, maintenance) , architecture and performance of the different solutions.

It is a B2B situation, small company, maximum of 50 connections, more likely 20.

I am looking at:

- Terminal Server (simple setup, quick results, responsetime??, no browser interface)

- Commerce Portal (did not get this to work, seems expensive, solution aimed at large company?)

- User Portal (have a test setup, seems quite slow, crashed navision server multiple times during test, unsure whether suitable for customer)

- Own development (dataport to sql server, asp pages, synchronisation)

- others :roll: ???

:arrow: who can help?

Peter
Peter Wijntjes
MBS NAV Consultant

Comments

• Options
    GoMaDGoMaD Member Posts: 313
    Please keep in mind that MBS will stop the support for the User Portal Solution in the near future.
    Now, let's see what we can see.
    Everybody on-line.
    Looking good!
  • Options
    Peter_WijntjesPeter_Wijntjes Member Posts: 28
    :evil: :evil: :evil: arghhhh.

any clues on how to proceed?
    Peter Wijntjes
    MBS NAV Consultant
  • Options
    GoMaDGoMaD Member Posts: 313
    For more info on the status of the User Portal App. follow this link and view my last post.
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1621

Now back to your question, it's always possible to use the communication backbone (XML creation and communication via MSMQ) to communicate with the Web Application that has to be created.

Other possibilities are:
    - Use XMLHTTP communication (MS XML parser)
    - BizTalk communication
    - Direct comm. with the SQL Server database using Stored Procedures
    and shared SQL Server tables

But then the Web Application has to be built (CP can be used as a starting point).

Greetings
    Now, let's see what we can see.
    Everybody on-line.
    Looking good!
  • Options
    Denis_PetrovDenis_Petrov Member Posts: 107
    Windows Terminal Services seems to be the best solution in your case.
    We have 46 different offices accross the USA and we decides to implement WTS.

Set up is relatively easy (unless you have Navision 3.01) :shock:
    Best regards,

Denis Petrov.
  • Options
    MuzzyDawgMuzzyDawg Member Posts: 31
    Guys, just because an NTR over in Belgium doesn't have the resources to support User Portal doesn't mean that it's getting phased out. I can assure you through direct sources at MBS US that User Portal and Commerce Portal are certainly very strong in the future for Navision web access implementations.

Again, User Portal is not going anywhere anytime soon! :!:
  • Options
    DakkonDakkon Member Posts: 192
    We currently use commerce portal where I work. I'm not terribly impressed with it. In fact, we are switching to a 3rd party e-commerce solution called Nav-to-Net. It's very impressive and blows the standard commerce portal away. It might be worth checking into. I'm not sure of the exact cost (I don't make the final budget decisions here), but it could be a good solution for you.
    It makes it a piece of cake for the users to update the website information. They include their own custom WYSIWYG html editing widget, so you don't have to type html code into 250 char limited text boxes. That's one of the many features I liked.
    The company that makes it is DVP solutions
    Thad Ryker
    I traded my sanity for a railgun :mrgreen:
  • Options
    anderstpanderstp Member Posts: 5
    Hi There

I'd recommend ExpandIT Internet shop from www.expandit.com

I've been implementing both ExpandIT Shops and Navision webshop, and the ExpandIT solution is always cheaper, and you are much more free to code whatever you want on the website than the navision product.

Anders
    www.mbs-utils.com
  • Options
    lagersjeflagersjef Member Posts: 57
    what about scriptserver? http://www.scriptserver.com
    Does anyone have any experience with this product? They claim to be an alternative to Commerce Portal.
  • Options
    f.degef.dege Member Posts: 1
    hi,

you can also use a universal connector for navision and shops. we provide the web-connector, which only needs a nas and provides a ready implemented php-interface for online-shops. it communicates via webservices so you can run your shop whereever you want.
    http://cms.silverproducts.de/spr/index. ... r_navision

we have also integrated an open source online-shop (ez publish). so it´s really easy to implement a shop-solution.

frank
  • Options
    naushienaushie Member Posts: 33
    hi there

If you are looking for some sort of B2b Integration in Navision with some other systems then Probably you can contact us on

nau_saf@hotmail.com

Have have more then 4 Implementation Experience of B2B across the globe.

We can suggest you all the necessary things.
    Naushad Alam
    Consultant -Navision

All e Technologies (P) Ltd.
    Building Solutions for Extended Enterprises

www.alletec.com