Options

Password expiry policy - SQL DB logins

AaronGAaronG Member Posts: 10
edited 2007-05-17 in SQL General
A general SQL question I can't find the answer for in Partnersource.

Using SQL DB logins (4.0 SP3), can we enforce any kind of password expiry or policy?

I know I can using Windows Logins, but I see several tick boxes on teh login card in SQL 2005 SMS called "enforce password policy" & "enforce password expiration" . Tried using these fields but they don't appear to work...is this SQL functionality which is not supported by NAV? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    In database Login window there is a expiration date. Fill it in and test it out.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    PoltergeistPoltergeist Member Posts: 200
    In SQL Server you can set the various password policies for users. You cannot do these kinds of thing from within the Navision database.
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Even though both authentication methods can be linked to password policies to control things like password length and expiration, the issue is that Navision does not provide a user interface that support these features. Navision does not provide an interface for a user to change an expired password. When users paswords expire, they will not be able to login until someone changed them thru Management Studio
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [Topic moved from Navision forum to SQL General forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!