Apply Entries Error.

yvonneyvonne Member Posts: 31
Hi All,

I am using version 4.3 with platform SQL 2005. I failed to solve following error msg. All suggestion & advice welcome.

Error Msg: Another user has modified the record for this Vendor Ledger Entry after you retrieved it from database. Enter your changes again in the updated windows, or start the interrupted activity again. Identification fields and Values: entry no:’25008’.

Error prompted while user trying to do apply entry through following path. Vendor Card -> Vendor Ledger Entries -> Function (Apply Entries) -> Set Apply Entries -> Post Application.

Codeunit 12 Gen. Jnl. –Post Line

// Post the application
VendLedgEntry.CALCFIELDS(
Amount,"Amount (LCY)","Remaining Amount","Remaining Amt. (LCY)",
"Original Amount","Original Amt. (LCY)");
TransferVendLedgEntry(CVLedgEntryBuf,VendLedgEntry,TRUE);
ApplyVendLedgEntry(
CVLedgEntryBuf,DtldCVLedgEntryBuf,GenJnlLine,NextTransactionNo,GLSetup."Appln. Rounding Precision");
TransferVendLedgEntry(CVLedgEntryBuf,VendLedgEntry,FALSE);

VendLedgEntry."Applies-to ID":='';

VendLedgEntry.MODIFY;
à Error Msg Prompt after this MODIFY statement.

Please help,

Beginner.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You need to find the point, where the same entry is modified before this MODIFY. You can find it through Client Monitor and Code Coverage in combination with the extended client monitor (see download section or MBS Tools CD).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • radek.bbradek.bb Member Posts: 49
    It is almost two years - but since I have got this error today - here is the fix 8)

Codeunit 227 VendEntry-Apply Posted Entries (first lines)
    WITH Rec DO BEGIN
    IF NOT PaymentToleranceMgt.PmtTolVend(Rec) THEN
      EXIT;
      GET("Entry No.");                    //<<<<<======   add this line here !!!!!
      VendLegdEntry.COPY(Rec);

If you check - you will find that this line is already in CU226 (related to Customers). It has been also corrected in never versions (V5 SP1 for sure - not sure about earlier)

Cheers,
    Radek