Hotcopy on Win 2003 Server - problem

McWolfMcWolf Member Posts: 15
Hi!

I have a little problem with hotcopy on Windows 2003 Server. I have 4 servers. Ports were added to Services file. All servers run and I can open every database from client. When I'm trying to do backup with hotcopy, I get an error:
Backup started at 2007/01/16 15:28:40.

You cannot open another database or create a new database because the database w
as opened on the server, using the program property database=<database name>.
To choose another database, you must start the server again with the same progra
m property (specifying a different database name).

Backup ended with an error at 2007/01/16 15:28:41.

I have tested my scripts for hotcopy on my local computer with local server and they run very well. They don't want to do backup on Win 2003 Server.

Thx for every help.

Regards,
McWolf

Comments

• PoltergeistPoltergeist Member Posts: 200
    I've had the exact same problem with Navision 4.0 SP1. However, after upgrading to 4.0 SP2, I have not seen this problem anymore...

http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... highlight=
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    I've had the exact same problem with Navision 4.0 SP1. However, after upgrading to 4.0 SP2, I have not seen this problem anymore...

http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... highlight=

a problem with your hotcopy.txt file is what caused your problem

C:\test\Navision\400SP1\Database.fdb=C:\test\Navision\400SP1

you were trying to create the hotcopy database in the the place as your existing database
    in the directory c:\test\Navision\400SP1

sorry to bring the post back from the dead, but I was searching for hotcopy problems because I have one of my own, and I found this post.
  • andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
    Also I have same the same problem after migrating from 4.0 sp3 to 5.0.

This is my dos script

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\Database Server>"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\Database Server\HotCopy.exe" source=e:\navision\database.fdb de
    stination=e:\navisionbackup\ servername=SWFS01 osauthentication=yes nettype=tcp
    Backup W1 5.00

Backup Tool for Microsoft Dynamics NAV version 5.00
    Copyright (c) 1987-2007 Microsoft Corporation.

Have you solved the things

Thank you
    Backup started at 2007/09/27 17:39:28.

You cannot open another database or create a new database because the database w
    To choose another database, you must start the server again with the same progra

Backup ended with an error at 2007/09/27 17:39:28.
  • andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
    Also I have same the same problem after migrating from 4.0 sp3 to 5.0.

This is my dos script

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\Database Server>"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\Database Server\HotCopy.exe" source=e:\navision\database.fdb de
    stination=e:\navisionbackup\ servername=SWFS01 osauthentication=yes nettype=tcp
    Backup W1 5.00

Backup Tool for Microsoft Dynamics NAV version 5.00
    Copyright (c) 1987-2007 Microsoft Corporation.

Have you solved the things

Thank you
    Backup started at 2007/09/27 17:39:28.

Backup ended with an error at 2007/09/27 17:39:28.