Where to get Navision version 2.00 and techn. version 2.60

mart1n0mart1n0 Member Posts: 123
edited 2007-01-16 in Navision Financials
We are using Navision and acquired a company that was using Navision version 2.00 and technical version 2.60 in the past.

Can we download this versions somewhere to be able to open this historical data? We also have an account to Mibuso so if it is on the FTP site just tell me where so I can download it.

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Ask your solution center. There is a page on partnersource that has all the older versions of the database, and a copy of the 2.0 client. You can create a new database file with your current version and restore the older version backup into it. You could also try to take a copy of their database and just open it with your version, it should convert it. Don't do that on the production database though, definately leave that alone.
  • mart1n0mart1n0 Member Posts: 123
    So DenSter, I i get it right there is no place on this website where I can download the files, not even on the FTP site?
  • Captain_DX4Captain_DX4 Member Posts: 230
    One note of caution:

Do not attempt to open a v2.00 database with a v2.60 executable without performing some checks first. In v2.01 and earlier, the database would allow objects with duplicate names to exist. If there still exists any objects with duplicate names when you attempt to open with a v2.60 executible, an error will occur.

Then you will have a problem in that the database will have been converted to v2.60, but v2.60 won't open it because of a duplicate name, and a problem to open the database in v2.00 because it has already been converted. If you are unsure and all you have is v2.60 executible, make a backup of the FDB files first before attempting to open with v2.60 executibles so at least you can maintain an unconverted database, just in case.

Cheers!
    Kristopher Webb
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    mart1n0 wrote:
    So DenSter, I i get it right there is no place on this website where I can download the files, not even on the FTP site?
    If you are you asking me to search the site for you, don't hold your breath, you can do that yourself. I just gave you one alternative of where you could find what you are looking for. You can do whatever you want with that suggestion :mrgreen:
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    mart1n0 wrote:

Why not just contact MSFT or your solution center directly? :-k

With version 2.x, you can actually just copy and paste the client folder to another computer, then run fin.exe. It'll work fine. :D