Need a new entry number for cust ledger entry

JBeckJBeck Member Posts: 68
edited 2007-01-17 in Navision Financials
Hi,

I have a problem. I need to start my new entries in a new range.
My last entry is 550. I would like to start the new entries at 1000.
How can I program this?

Thanks in advance,
JBeck

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Why are you doing this? I can see a lot of strange auditing and "creative accounting " issues here.

But its easy to do, just insert GL Entry 999. But be very sure you know what you are doing, and why.
    David Singleton
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    What do you care about the value of the entry number? It's just a number, it has absolutely no functionality.
    DenSter wrote:
    What do you care about the value of the entry number? It's just a number, it has absolutely no functionality.

It can come in handy at the end of the year when you need to do some adjustments :-#
    David Singleton
  • JBeckJBeck Member Posts: 68
    Thanks!
    Well to be honest we imported some Item ledger entry lines without knowing what the concequences were.
    lets say the last one was 1000, we imported 1010. but after posting it it counted from 1000 to 1009. and when it reached 1010 we got the error message. so that's why I needed to skip 1010.
    Thanks again.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Are you importing directly into the ledger table??? You should create item journal lines and then post them. Never insert into any tables directly.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    JBeck wrote:
    Thanks!
    Well to be honest we imported some Item ledger entry lines without knowing what the concequences were. .

Noooooooooooooooooo [-o<

I think you will soon learn what the consequences are. New database, and rstore backup is the solution here.
    David Singleton
    Okay......
    Can you please tell me what they are before it's to late?
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    You'll most likely see this problem surface again when you try to upgrade...
    :shock: wow....

JBeck.... you should never import directly into the ledger tables. The only way to do data migration in a consistent manner is to import into journal lines and have NAV do the posting. This not only ensures the ledger to be in balance, it also ensures that all related data is consistent with the system's inner workings.

I hope you are still in the implementation phase, so you can start over, otherwise prepare for enormous problems in the years to come.....
    All he has to do is run adjust cost routine to see the errors popping up. He doesn't have to wait a year.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

I don't mean he won't see a problem until a year from now, I mean he will have problems for years to come.
    :oops: misread it.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

Lots of Thanks guys.
    I'll restore the backup right away.