Barcode software to integrate in navision ver3.7

edwinskieedwinskie Member Posts: 22
would like ask for a recommended barcode software that can connect and run in navi.3.7 version?

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Do you need somekind of barcode printing software? Like labelview?
    Navision can print label from report writer.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • edwinskieedwinskie Member Posts: 22
    yes sir! can labelview be effectively integrate and run in navi3.7 if we purchase this particular software, how should we go about this. I mean this user-friendly enough in terms of installation and set-up?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you need just print the barcodes, have you special requirements for the barcode type? If not, you can use barcode type 3/9 just using special font on your reports. Nothing more. If you need another type, you need some automation which will generate the barcode. You can search the download section... :-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Yes labelview is userfriendly and you can all sort of barcodes. I had to integrate it for a client
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Captain_DX4Captain_DX4 Member Posts: 230
    kine wrote:
    If you need just print the barcodes, have you special requirements for the barcode type? If not, you can use barcode type 3/9 just using special font on your reports. Nothing more. If you need another type, you need some automation which will generate the barcode. You can search the download section... :-)

I have details for type 128 font barcode to put the development right in NAV. There is a little special coding involved, but once setup works quite nicely and easily without any automation.
    Kristopher Webb
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer
  • robsmitrobsmit Member Posts: 12
    Has anybody any experience using POF (Printer Object Files) generated by Codesoft label design software?