Delete Sales Shipment

couberpucouberpu Member Posts: 317
Hi All,

I need some advise on "deleting old sales shipments". The question is if I commented out the "HistoryFunction(0,'DELETE')" statement in table 110, I did not track either salesheader_36 nor sales shipment history, and use F4 on form 130 to delete shipments, would I create any problem, besides no shipment information?

I did a test run on test database and did not run into any problem yet! But I am not sure if I tested on every possible case. Appreciated for any comment.

Best Regards,
Couber Pu :shock:

Answers

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    couberpu wrote:
    Hi All,

I need some advise on "deleting old sales shipments". The question is if I commented out the "HistoryFunction(0,'DELETE')" statement in table 110, I did not track either salesheader_36 nor sales shipment history, and use F4 on form 130 to delete shipments, would I create any problem, besides no shipment information?

I did a test run on test database and did not run into any problem yet! But I am not sure if I tested on every possible case. Appreciated for any comment.

Best Regards,
    Couber Pu :shock:

Normally the only requirement is that the shipment has been printed, and that the Order has been invoiced for these shipped lines (though that may have changed). I think that the code you are talking about is from Lanham's History management, not base Navision. It might be better to modify the History Management code unit than table 112.
    David Singleton
  • j.marseloj.marselo Member Posts: 102
    So, can we just make filter in the table, and delete those records?

What approach is available ... ?

if we have all posted documents as old as 1995 and we plan to delete those to certain year ; For example, we want to delete all posted docs from the earliest available to end of 2004. This includes, Sales Invoice, sales shipment, purchase invoice, purchase receipt, finished production orders, and so on.

Please advise.
    Kind regards, Joe Marselo | see my NAV blog joemarselo.wordpress.com | twitter @joemarselo
  • j.marseloj.marselo Member Posts: 102
    I arrive to some conclusions:

The "entries" means all tables like item ledger entries, value entries, GL entries, vendor ledger entries, and so on. These are what we DO NOT delete any record / line in it.

Posted documents means all tables like posted receipt (purchase receipt header + line), posted sales invoice (sales invoice header + lines), and so on. These are safe to delete by F4 - or by filter - select in the table and delete - as long as comply to business requirements

Thanks to the seniors for advices.
    Kind regards, Joe Marselo | see my NAV blog joemarselo.wordpress.com | twitter @joemarselo