Set Unit cost to zero

2»

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Sorry Savatage, I know the question is asked for you, but I couldn't help myself. :oops:

You calculate per item ledger if the costing of the item is not average cost. This means that, if you're using FIFO, you revalue all the cost for all the different costing layers.
  • FishermanFisherman Member Posts: 456
    AHA!

I'll have a look at that - thanks Dead and savatage!
  • ecclecticecclectic Member Posts: 176
    sorry just got a dumb one. Have your items been fully invoiced? Are you using expected cost? sometimes when its not fully invoiced and not using expected cost, navision stock does some funny stuff.

If ur some or ur items have not been fully invoiced, invoice them, do ur revaluation magic and then try some adjust cost powder with that
  • jamesjames Member Posts: 56
    Just for my sanity, I know this thread is a couple of years old now, but the Unit Cost isn't just for decoration when using with the basic BOM Journal, as the component unit cost is derived from the unit cost on the item card via the Item No. validation in the ExplodeBOMToTempJnlLines function. Hence why Fisherman was having the issue.

As far as I'm aware there is not a way to get the Unit Cost down to 0 without running a routine in the background.