Upgrade from Nav 4.0 SP1 to SP3

Gon_M.Gon_M. Member Posts: 34
Hi experts:

I need to upgrade from Nav 4.0 SP1 to SP3, but don't know how do this and don't find any document that help me to do that.

Can somebody help me?

thanks in advance

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Do you need to do a full upgrade or only a technical upgrade?

On the partnersite, you can find the upgradetoolkit you need to upgrade.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    You can find quick guide as well on that...

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • wvdzouwenwvdzouwen Member Posts: 2
    I tried to do a technical upgrade from Navision 4.00 SP1 to SP3.
    I'd never had the question if I want to convert the database.....

Can some tell me how to initiate the conversion?
  • ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    Open the 400 db with a 400 SP3 client should activate the question.
  • TonyHTonyH Member Posts: 223
    If you are going to upgrade (Tech or full) why go to 4.0SP3 and not 5.0 SP1?
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    TonyH wrote:
    If you are going to upgrade (Tech or full) why go to 4.0SP3 and not 5.0 SP1?

Maybe the Argentinian version of NAV is not available in 5.01.
    David Singleton
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    There are no Argentinian version of NAV. Actually there are no south American version. We are implementing several south American countries, and get the localization from local vars. We are using the US exe and Mexican language pack.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • TonyHTonyH Member Posts: 223
    ara3n wrote:
    There are no Argentinian version of NAV. Actually there are no south American version. We are implementing several south American countries, and get the localization from local vars. We are using the US exe and Mexican language pack.

We have a customer whose Chile office is looking to run Nav. We spoke to a Argentine company (Doversys) who do both Agrentina and Chile Localization for 5.0 SP1.

T

PS

There is no such thing as "Mexican" language, its Spanish.
    (One of my ex-GF's was Venezuelan/French Canadian (yeah I know :-k ) and she would constantly freak out at me about S. America speaking Spanish and not Columbian or Mexican. I could always wind her up by telling her to go back o Mexico City, god she hated being referred to as Mexican :lol: )
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    TonyH wrote:
    There is no such thing as "Mexican" language, its Spanish.
    The language layer for Mexico in NAV is referred to as ESM for "Spanish (Mexico)", as opposed to ESP for "Spanish (Spain, Traditional Sort)" for Spain itself. You can say it's the same language, but there are nuances that are different, just like there are nuances between the British version of English and the US version. (Labor vs Labour, Center vs Centre, things like that).

Another bit of trivia... the ENU language layer (for "English (United States)") in the W1 release is actually not the true ENU language layer. There are differences between the W1 version of ENU and actual ENU. They should really have a separate W1 language layer or maybe ENW for English Worldwide.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    I agree with having a separate language for W1. In addition US changes all the (LCY) to ($) which makes comparing objects time consuming. I don't think they need to do this at all.
    Or change the field to be captionclass and you would only modify CU 1 to grab either LCY or $
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • wvdzouwenwvdzouwen Member Posts: 2
    ajhvdb wrote:

The problem is that I opened the 4.00 SP1 database with the 4.00 SP3 client and I didn't get the question.
    Is there a way the reinitiate the conversion?

I only want to do a technical upgrade because we have to much custom-made code. The reason for the techincal upgrade is that we have a lot of problems with the menusuite, which force us to remove the zup-file too often.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    wvdzouwen wrote:
    ajhvdb wrote:

The problem is that I opened the 4.00 SP1 database with the 4.00 SP3 client and I didn't get the question.
    Is there a way the reinitiate the conversion?

I only want http://wiki.dynamicsbook.com/index.php? ... al_upgrade
    NAV technical upgrade - Dynamicsto do a technical upgrade because we have to much custom-made code. The reason for the techincal upgrade is that we have a lot of problems with the menusuite, which force us to remove the zup-file too often.

Here's a step by step from the Navision Wiki.

NAV technical upgrade - Dynamics
    David Singleton