Options

The future of micorosft dynamics product

Andreas_GunawanAndreas_Gunawan Member Posts: 64
edited 2006-12-19 in General Chat
Dear All,
I am currently thinking about the future of microsoft dynamics products from this year - 30 years ahead (in the future).
I've seen for example convergence emea ppt file that AX 5.1 will be released in 2009, only about 3 years from now.
Are everyone here in this forum or in this world who have career as consultant of microsoft dynamics products thinking about it ?
Does Microsoft Dynamics department in Microsoft has something to announce about their timeline planning to increase the power of the products so that it can be used into next 100 years from now ?
It is really sad and made me worry about my career in dynamics products if I can't find out the future inside it :cry:
Do you have info about it ? I am sure there are maybe some of you know it. Pls share in this general chat. [-o<
Tks...

Rgds,
Andreas

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Does Microsoft Dynamics department in Microsoft has something to announce about their timeline planning to increase the power of the products so that it can be used into next 100 years from now ?

Is there any software company that does give you planning for the next 100 years? Because if anyone that can plan what computers will look like in 100 years, will be only a fool, unless they are science fiction writers.

Basically what you are looking for is assurance, and what I can tell you is that MS has the most money and monopoly on PC today. And if there is something else that comes up in 20 years, why wouldn't you want to learn or switch to it?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    All roadmaps from MS are talking about year 2012 in connection with Microsoft Dynamics product. After that, there will be just Microsoft Dynamics (whatever it will be) and Microsoft Dynamics CRM. And if you are thinking about future, do you think that there will be Microsoft in year 2020?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    personally I don't care what happens w/software 100 yrs from now - I'm pretty sure I won't be here :mrgreen:

At the way that things are going - perhaps Googleware will be the big thing in 10 yrs :lol:
  • Options
    Joseph_Abou_NaderJoseph_Abou_Nader Member Posts: 150
    Dear All,
    I am currently thinking about the future of microsoft dynamics products from this year - 30 years ahead (in the future).

Honestly, I think that you are planning too much... ( 30 years man...may be we will not be there...)

I think that whatever comes from Microsoft will be just fine...and it will be something that all consultants/developers/users, etc...will be able to adapt with.

One thing is sure is that in the future, there will be something called Micosoft Dynamics having ( NAV, GP, AX, SL ) and another thing called Microsoft Dynamics CRM.

From now till Microsoft finalizes this thing...we have to wait and see...

Take Care
    Joseph Abou Nader
    MCLC,MCT,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,MCP
    You will never know what power you have until you take decisions in a hard time.
  • Options
    Captain_DX4Captain_DX4 Member Posts: 230
    Personally, I plan to retire much earlier that these timelines you are talking about! *wink*
    Kristopher Webb
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer
  • Options
    Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Well, the question is: what do we consider the product? I saw some add-ons that have more table than standard NAV. I've seen the system of two very big end-users, whose products you probably use almost every day and what they use doesn't even faintly resemble standard NAV. It's quite clear that the big licence sales always came from deals where NAV was used as but a development environment.

Of course Microsoft doesn't really like it. As the new licencing policy shows - when you have to but Business Essentials even if half of the functionality covered by it is actually covered by the add-ons and custom developments - Microsoft obviously would like the future deals use more of the standard and they'd like add-ons that "add some additional value" and not that basically replace NAV.

But even if it's successful it might mean the restructuring of the whole market...
  • Options
    Note: I've been seeing alot of SAP commercials lately aiming towards mid-market companies.

Perhaps while SAP & Oracle are busy fighting between each other. Microsoft will bit them in the butt.

http://www.gcn.com/blogs/tech/40305.html

here are some IT Job Comparisons
    http://www.itjobswatch.co.uk/default.as ... 0&lid=2618
  • Options
    Captain_DX4Captain_DX4 Member Posts: 230
    My partner works with someone who is developing in SAP and she knows a lot of what's going on in those circles. Seems that the big boys (SAP, Baun, JDE) are all experiencing a slow down in the large ERP market (basically, the market is tapped out). So they are now moving more into mid-range markets to get more business. Interesting to see how their product development and pricing will change to reflect their new marketing targets.
    Kristopher Webb
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer
  • Options
    It's not entirely off topic..when talking about the future and having a new competitor.

See the ad's that have been running here

The Midsize Campaign
    http://www50.sap.com/m1/greatcompanies/ ... ge_and_ROS
    look bottom right

New Slogan
    "SAP is for Great Companies, Not Just Great Big Companies"
  • Options
    Frankly speaking, it's so disgusting that it makes Microsoft look like an innocent elf in comparision... Oracle and SAP are not stupid, they know very well who their products fit. They are consciously trying to sell huge monster trucks to people who are looking for nimble sports cars. In the world of physical products it'd be plainly called a big fat lie and would cause public outrage. In IT... it's just business as usual?
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    ehm.... and MSFT is not trying to push a small/midsized ERP system into the enterprise market? :shock:
  • Options
    Andreas_GunawanAndreas_Gunawan Member Posts: 64
    Dear All,
    I am glad for your answer :) but what I concern is that I have heard that the market has become saturated. I don't understand why, maybe they are too many requests and feel that back to manual works could heal their organization and issue the correct yearly financial statement report.
    According to you answers, it seems the ERP vendors still focus the market size and type, what I mean here is there are large size, mid size and small size, then they count the quantity of the companies, try to find out and fit their business processes with the software although it won't be 100% fit but let's say 40-60% and release the software. They can release and make planning until 30 years from now because they are not ablt to find what next will be happened and what the changeover is in company's systems and management. For example, the untouchable companies like government-owned enterprise (for example plantations, nuclear powers, bank, and other government sector). Also, the systems they are built are based on 1960-1980 industrial and or management theories or books. Meanwhile, I wonder if they think about the system that makes ERP, we know they are MRP, MRPII and ERP (integrated with financial). Beside ERP, there are lean system, six sigma, TQM, Agile Manufacturing. Are the experts thinking about the more efficience way to create new systems now and then suddenly among the year 2010-2020, they launch it ? Like cloning, it's possible been in the mind of experts since WW1 (worls war 1) but they finally realize it now.
    That's why if the microsoft dynamics combine their product into single one and then using business ready licensing style to sell it to the market, I am afraid the future is still dark, either for SAP or Oracle. When in the future (20-100 years from now) become saturate again, the microsoft will split their product again. :shock:

Rgds,
  • Options
    Not trying to push a BIG one to the SMB market.
  • Options
    avasiliievavasiliiev Member Posts: 1
    Turning to microsoft crm consultants, I received exceptional support and professional guidance on optimizing business processes using Microsoft Dynamics products. These experts not only have a deep understanding of the products but also offer innovative solutions to meet the unique needs of my company. Thanks to their expertise, we were able to enhance operational efficiency while ensuring a high level of integration and automation of our internal processes. I recommend these consultants to anyone looking to fully leverage the potential of Microsoft Dynamics for their business growth.