Options

printer setup mess

braintrustbraintrust Member Posts: 4
edited 2000-06-06 in Navision Financials
Under the Menu button File >Page setup print preview print< these buttons are disabled. I have here four printers. I would want to change the defaults on these printers; but Navision will not allow this. (The print jobs are sent through Navision and are printed out here at the office). For example, lets say we have a user, Lee, and however I've struggled to alter the printer config it always indicates user King. King#printerXXX. I'm working to get the pc's uniform. On Lee's pc it should be Lee#printerXXX and I should have a 'selection' of printers to choose from. This is not the case. I'm only given one choice and that choice belongs to another user (King) on another computer. Sorry the length...just grinding away and can't get my Navision to cooperate. Thanks Chu

Comments

• Options
    JohnPJohnP Member Posts: 56
    When you are looking at the report/document list, the print options under File are disabled. Select the report, click "Print" to get the request form. The print options will now be enabled. Select the printer there or by clicking "Print" on the request form and selecting it there.

Alternatively, use General Ledger - Setup - Printer Selection to setup default printers for each user logon/report ID combination.

Note that the printers listed in all cases will only be those configured under Windoze on the client PC you are using. Other printers setup on other clients will not be visible to you. In this case you must visit each client PC and do the config there.

Hope this helps
    JohnP