Options

Gears of War for the Xbox 360 - how do you beat a kid

themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
edited 2006-12-07 in General Chat
This game is great, got if the first day it came out and have been playing it ever since, I am 45 and my son is 15, he just kickes my butt, no matter how much I practice, No matter how many tips he gives me, he still beats me. but it is pretty fun, glad I can almost keep up with him anyways.

Anyone else hooked on this game ?

Comments

• Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I am terrified of the Xbox. As an MVP, we see it at every session we attend, and everywhere we go. There are so many opportunities to get one and the games, etc. I am most scared that one day MS will just send me one, and say , HEY TEST THIS FOR US.

No I spend enough time on mibuso.com and dynamicsusers.org , I just could not imagine what would happen to productivity if I got an Xbox.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    No I spend enough time on mibuso.com and dynamicsusers.org , I just could not imagine what would happen to productivity if I got an Xbox.
    That's the difference between being a consultant and working for someone else, in an office. I work 8 - 5 Monday thru Friday. When I leave the office, I don't really do any work until the next day. Now mibuso.com and dynamicsusers.org, they are a distraction while at work. but it is sort of related to work, since I am learning things that help here.
  • Options
    themave wrote:
    That's the difference between being a consultant and working for someone else, in an office. I work 8 - 5 Monday thru Friday. When I leave the office, I don't really do any work until the next day. Now mibuso.com and dynamicsusers.org, they are a distraction while at work. but it is sort of related to work, since I am learning things that help here.

Problem is that the very few times in my life when I had a "job", I also worked a "normal" 65-70 hour week, so at least this way it's MY 70 hour week.

Still I know where you are coming from.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    70 hour week?
    Are you taking it slow, David?
    :wink:

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    70 hours! Wow, that sounds great. I wish I could have that. :shock:
  • Options
    70 hours on GOW maybe, but not work

Halo2 also.

trying to sign up for HALO 3 beta, now that is my kind of beta testing
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    When you say you work 70 hours a week, are you saying you're billing 70 hours a week? :wink:
  • Options
    deadlizard wrote:
    When you say you work 70 hours a week, are you saying you're billing 70 hours a week? :wink:

I wish!!! ](*,)
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    "- Well, when I say 'house' it was only a hole in the ground covered by a sheet of tarpaulin, but it was a house to us.
    - We were evicted from our hole in the ground; we had to go and live in a lake.
    - You were lucky to have a lake! There were a hundred and fifty of us living in a shoebox in the middle of a road.
    - Cardboard box?
    - Aye.
    - You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank."
  • Options
    "- Well, when I say 'house' it was only a hole in the ground covered by a sheet of tarpaulin, but it was a house to us.
    - We were evicted from our hole in the ground; we had to go and live in a lake.
    - You were lucky to have a lake! There were a hundred and fifty of us living in a shoebox in the middle of a road.
    - Cardboard box?
    - Aye.
    - You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank."

Umm... What is the purpose of this post? I don't get it... ](*,)
  • Options
    Well wen aye were a wee laddy I haad ta work 26 hars a dee reet.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    I am not sure what any of the post have to do with, certainly not Gears of War or the Xbox 360, I guess David did mention xbox as being shown at all the microsoft events.

Maybe we need a new topic

Dynamic's pro's who have no outside life, or something like that (lol)
  • Options
    deadlizard wrote:

Umm... What is the purpose of this post? I don't get it... ](*,)

Ask your good friend Mr Google to tell you about Monty Python and the four Yorkshire men sketch. :D
    David Singleton
  • Options
    themave wrote:
    I am not sure what any of the post have to do with, certainly not Gears of War or the Xbox 360, I guess David did mention xbox as being shown at all the microsoft events.

You mean there's life outside of Navision??? :shock:
  • Options
    deadlizard wrote:
    Well my wife sometimes asks if there is life outside the xbox 360, so I guess it is all relative on what you enjoy. 8)
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    deadlizard wrote:
    themave wrote:

You mean you have prove that aliens exist? :shock:
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    kriki wrote:
    You mean you have prove that aliens exist? :shock:

Yes and they are not benevolent beings, they are bent on the total distruction of life as we know it. :shock: They even advocate the use of non microsoft products :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Deadlizard,

:) That post is quoted from the four old men of Monty Python who make a competition of complaining how hard their youth was - I intended it as sarcastic remark pointing out that the topic sliding towards complaining about hard the life is for the poor, poor consultant... :)