Business notification problems - please help

trsotrso Member Posts: 23
After following the installation manual for Nav 4.03 for business analytics i got the error message ”there are no bustiness entities available. Please ensure that there is a company selected. Navision was running and company selected, and the notification server connects to the server so that should be fine.

I then found a article in the knowledge base on the partner source which said I should uninstall .netframework, then uninstall business notification, restart server, install business notification and then install the .net framework. But that can’t be done, when trying to install business notification prior to installing the .net framework I get the error Creation of NSInstallPath Registry Key failed. So I have to install the .netframework first and then business notification, and then it fails again. I have tried everything possible and still get the error there are no business entitites available, please ensure that there is a company selected in Navision.

I am running a SQL server 2005, sqlxml 4.0, nav 4.03 on a windows 2003 server.

help would be very much appreciated.- :shock:

Comments

• pri_1_ranjanpri_1_ranjan Member Posts: 67
    do not install .net framework 2.0 back ... it is known to have some issue ... i had faced the same prob. but when i had unistalled 2.0 and went ahead every thing went perfectly ....hope this helps :)
    /PDR
  • trsotrso Member Posts: 23
    no that doesn't help. because if we uninstall .netframework we lose componentes that are vital to sql server 2005
  • pri_1_ranjanpri_1_ranjan Member Posts: 67
    then i would suggest that log a complaint with microsoft .. as it is a frame work issue ...
    /PDR
    yeah, i will do that, but hoped someone here had experienced the same and could have a solution to my problem.
  • cawcaw Member Posts: 3
    Check that you have also intalled Microsoft SQL Server Notification Services SP1, Standard or Enterprise Edition, corresponding to your SQL Server version.

Install all components if installing prerequistes on one machine.

Hope this helps, Carol
    have installed sp1 for sql and that doesn't help...

when i try ned from template and chooses one of the templates the error message comes..

in the eventviewer these messages comes up

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MetadataService
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 0
    Date: 28.11.2006
    Time: 12:03:22
    User: N/A
    Computer: OSL-DYN01
    Description:
    Exception System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetIDispatchForObjectNative(Object o, Boolean onlyInContext)
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetIDispatchForObject(Object o)
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.DispatchWrapper..ctor(Object obj)
    at System.RuntimeType.WrapArgsForInvokeCall(Object[] aArgs, Int32[] aWrapperTypes)
    at System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(String memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32[] aWrapperTypes, MessageData& msgData)
    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.Integration.MetadataService.IMetadataConnectionpoints.ListXMLPorts(IXMLPortList& list)
    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.Integration.MetadataService.MetadataProvider.GetListOfXMLPorts(IXMLPortList list) occured in GetListOfXMLPorts

Specified cast is not valid.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MetadataService
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 0
    Date: 28.11.2006
    Time: 12:03:22
    User: N/A
    Computer: OSL-DYN01
    Description:
    Exception System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetIDispatchForObjectNative(Object o, Boolean onlyInContext)
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetIDispatchForObject(Object o)
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.DispatchWrapper..ctor(Object obj)
    at System.RuntimeType.WrapArgsForInvokeCall(Object[] aArgs, Int32[] aWrapperTypes)
    at System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(String memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32[] aWrapperTypes, MessageData& msgData)
    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.Integration.MetadataService.IMetadataConnectionpoints.ListXMLPorts(IXMLPortList& list)
    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.Integration.MetadataService.MetadataProvider.GetListOfXMLPorts(IXMLPortList list) occured in GetListOfXMLPorts

Specified cast is not valid.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    any good suggestions??
  • icobaniicobani Member Posts: 70
    trso wrote:
    any good suggestions??

As for as I know, Business Notification is not run on SQL Server 2005.
    Ibrahim COBANI | Dynamics-NAV Developer Team Manager
    I m a Consult

E-Mail: ibrahim@imaconsult.com
    My BLOG
  • toortoor Member Posts: 52
    You need to create a file with name "finsql.exe.config" or "fin.exe.config" (depending on whether you connect to sql or native database) with the following content :

<?xml version ="1.0"?>
    <configuration>
    <startup>
    <supportedRuntime version="v1.1.4322" />
    </startup>
    </configuration>

This file needs to be created in the Client folder.

regards
    tobias
  • cunnycunny Member Posts: 129
    Hi trso,

The error you encountered is probably because one or more of the following conditions are true:
    • You do not have user rights on the computer that is running Microsoft SQL Server on which you tried to install the Business Notification functionality. Make sure the acccount you use has enough privileges.
    • The version of Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Notification Services is incorrect. It should correspond with the version of SQL Server you installed previously.
    • The Terminal Services service is enabled on the computer on which you tried to install the Business Notification functionality. It should be stopped.
    • The Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 and Microsoft SQL Server 2005 are installed on the computer.

Thanks &Good Luck,
    cunny
    cunny Lee
    MCP - MBS Navision
    jle@naviworld.com
  • papvrepapvre Member Posts: 24
    BN fo NAV SP3 , need SQL2005 and .NET2.0. The previous versions of BN (BN for SP1,SP2) use only SQL 2000.
  • darshanmdarshanm Member Posts: 280
    Hi trso!

I am facing the same problem, what exactly you posted.

When I remove .NetFramework 2.0 and install BSN, it gives me the
    error that"nsinstallpath registry key failed".

Have you found any solution on this. Please let me know
    if there is any other way
    Darshan Mungekar
    Senior Consultan
    any updates on this
    Darshan Mungekar
    Senior Consultan
    Hello Experts,

Kindly help me to resolve this problem
    Darshan Mungekar