How to export Navision Objects

phaniphani Member Posts: 9
How to export navision objects through navision code.can any one plz provide code for this

Thanks & Regards
Phani
phanikumar k

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Only one way - simulate keystrokes. Search the forum for that.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ramakrishnaramakrishna Member Posts: 3
    IF EXISTS('C:\XML_Customer.xml') THEN
    ERASE('C:\XML_Customer.xml');

TestFile.CREATE('C:\XML_Customer.xml');
    TestFile.CREATEOUTSTREAM(TestStream);
    XMLPORT.EXPORT(50001,TestStream);
    TestFile.CLOSE;
    MESSAGE('xml customer Export Complete');
    IF EXISTS('C:\XML_Customer.xml') THEN
    ERASE('C:\XML_Customer.xml');

TestFile.CREATE('C:\XML_Customer.xml');
    TestFile.CREATEOUTSTREAM(TestStream);
    XMLPORT.EXPORT(50001,TestStream);
    TestFile.CLOSE;
    MESSAGE('xml customer Export Complete');

I do not now, but I think that it is missunderstanding. This is for exporting data, not objects. If I understand correctly, Phani is asking for how to export Navision objects (forms, reports, tables etc.), not data (records).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    You can read the table of objects and you can export if a file the BLOB in which the object is. Also for importing this is possible. (At least I succesfully did this for version 3.??).
    So for importing I had to create a new record (or GET the record) in table Object. I read the file in it and saved it. And it worked.
    The negative was that I had to close and re-open the DB to have the new object available (I used a NAS that time, so I let the NAS restart).
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    You can export the a fob by exporting the BLOB reference in Object table.
    Export to TXT seems impossible: you should follow Kine's solutions: sendkeys...

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
    Yes, you can work with the binary data in the BLOB field of the Object table, but there is no warranty that you will not corrupt some object or that the database will be consistent. For example, what about exporting the BLOB, changing field type, importing the BLOB back - will be the field correctly retyped? Will be data from this field lost? What exporting, adding new field, working with it that it have some values, and after that, you will import the object into the BLOB back. Will Nav check that the data will be lost??? [-X

For your development it can be used, but not for LIVE db!
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    LS Retail does this for object replication. I haven't tested all the areas but it works fine. You can replicate the objects through copying the object records.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Yes use keystokes. Its the best and simplest way.

I've laso developed with the object table and the Blob field. but in 1 of 5 tests it demaged my database ;-(

This was the first reason why now i use keystrokes. The oter reson is, u must export evry object seperate and store in filename or in seperate file the object infos (like Version List, modify, Date, time´, etc)

regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Ar3n, yes, but that's a bit more complicated than that. Basically there are three different products, LS Scheduler, LS Data Director and LS Retail. LS Data Director is built on top of Scheduler and that's the one that does object replication. AFAIK the connection is that if you buy both LS Retail and LS Scheduler then you get the DD for free, or something like that.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    well they have cfronplus that comes with basic LS Retail. You still need to buy DD separately.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • girish.joshigirish.joshi Member Posts: 407
    How does this work for table objects?

Won't the table definition in the object table be different from SQL server's definition?
  • Yaroslav_GaponovYaroslav_Gaponov Member Posts: 158
    edited 2007-10-05
    Hi

Sorry Kine, you don't right - it's possible. [-o<

Just look to Navision DevTool - this tool can to export an objects to open Navisions. How? ](*,)
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    There exists a API which is distributed to some ISV's. With this, you can export and import objects, without using the Object Designer.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    edited 2007-10-05
    <delete>
    What are you trying to say? I don't get it.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    Because it's don't have a logic. Navision DevTool work only with open Navision!
    I know what I was told by a ISV, last year at Convergence EMEA. Your obscure replies don't change this.
    edited 2007-10-05
    I know what I was told by a ISV, last year at Convergence EMEA. Your obscure replies don't change this.

Ok may be you right but I doubt in exists two different way for export/import NAV objects. One I see.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    So instead of saying things that don't make sense, maybe you can tell us what you are talking about. I am very interested in this.
    edited 2007-10-05
    <delete>
  • NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365

Have viewed the product demo. But havent seen exporting/importing of object its just marking. Maybe you just misunderstand the concept of their product. You can also create something like that via AllObj table.
    Navision noob....
    edited 2007-10-05
    <delete>
  • Igor_BeeoneIgor_Beeone Member Posts: 80
    There is one magic in Navision :)
    Currently I'm investigating this feature... some reverse engineering.
    As it seems for me there are some functions which even check fields changing for tables. And this functionality could be running without showing up import dialog. But still I can't handle this :( already two weeks...
    I will try to watch how devtool works with open Navision (as somebody told here).
    If I will find a solution, I will let know. Currently I see only two possible legal ways (SendKeys - not good, winApi messaging - better:))
    If anybody has info on investigation of this possibility, please let me know.
    Br,
    Igor
    NaviDev wrote:

Have viewed the product demo. But havent seen exporting/importing of object its just marking. Maybe you just misunderstand the concept of their product. You can also create something like that via AllObj table.

:D I was a developer in this project. The functions export/import is functions export/import really. [-X

Ok. So where does this function can be found?
    Navision noob....
    edited 2007-10-04
    <deleted>
    Navision noob....
    edited 2007-10-04
    Hello,
    I think it won't be legal (license) if celenia product has such possibility w/o MS permission, or it's using some special features which were provided by MS to them.
    Maybe Celenia representatives could show flash demo that it's working?:)
    Also it could be decode/encode functionality for object table BLOB fields with import/export. But it must be like before import to object table there must be fob encoding, and for comparing fields changing there must be current blob decoding. And then FOB format must be compared. Then if FOB must be imported, it must be encoded back and imported. So I think it's too complex to handle this way and not too cheap to make such thing.
    edited 2007-10-05
    Sorry guys, I don't know, I have only a guess-work #-o
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Why brag about it if you're not going to share it? This is probably the worst case of selfishness displayed on this forum.
    Maybe it makes sence who is who?:)
    I think we could find out how it works ourselves on forum :)
    There is RSA1 crypted object in blob, just need to find out how to decrypt it :) Then will be next step -> parse FOB for tracking table changing to prevent damage while importing.
    Maybe somebody has ideas on RSA decryption?
    Sorry guys, I don't know, I have only a guess-work d'oh!

...and moreover this secret Evil or Very Mad

Come on man. Selfishness is not good to your personality, and not good to see in this forum.
    Navision noob....