Synchronized forms

grfgrf Member Posts: 10
Hello all,

I´m trying to create something similar to the freeze pane functionality in excel. Currently I´ve got 2 tableboxes in one form. The goal is that when I scroll (or page up/down ...) through one of the forms, the second one should follow, so that the records are aligned (cursor in the same place). Now, i get the same records when i scroll but they are not aligned. Any ideas?

thanks
grf

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Hi, there are 1 Table box and one Subform or realy two tableboxes in one form and both boxes are relat. to the same table :?:
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • grfgrf Member Posts: 10
    Yes, thats correct. When you go along the fields in the second form you will have the item no and description in the first form, similar to the freexe pane funct.
  • grfgrf Member Posts: 10
    Ive been experimenting with this back and forth and i dont get quite what Im looking for, almost though. If you think of i.e. sales orders I want to add a extra subform where the item no and des are always visible and in line with the info on the standard subform. So when going to the right on the main subform you always have the item info in the new form. Also when scrolling through the main form the new one should follow so that the records are aligned and the cursor in the same place.
    Here i´ve i.e. been using the ontimer in the header to communicate btw the 2 forms. Tried having the new form working on temp rec, and not and so on.

The strange thing is, that this works if the records in the lines dont fill the screen, then the forms are always in sync. If you cant see all the lines in question the cursor of the new form is always at the top.

There is probably a simple solution out there. Any help would be much appreciated.
  • dblaisdelldblaisdell Member Posts: 7
    I am trying to create a form where the left table box is the Item No. and the right table box is price 1-99. How do you keep the to table boxes in line when scrolling up/down or clicking on a new item further down the list? They keep bouncing around and are not lined up.
  • dblaisdelldblaisdell Member Posts: 7
    No, this is not a matrix form. It is side by side table boxes. The right table box included Item No., Start Date, End Date. The left table box include price 1 thru price 99. Both table boxes use the same source expression Price Matrix table. The table boxes stay in sync until the form is full then scrolling thru one or the other causes the records to get out of sync. Does anyone know how to correct this problem?
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    dblaisdell wrote:
    No, this is not a matrix form. It is side by side table boxes. The right table box included Item No., Start Date, End Date. The left table box include price 1 thru price 99. Both table boxes use the same source expression Price Matrix table. The table boxes stay in sync until the form is full then scrolling thru one or the other causes the records to get out of sync. Does anyone know how to correct this problem?

Try this Freeze columns or sync two list forms

PS I tried to upload it here, but it didn't work. :?:
    David Singleton