"Inventory valuation" Vs Inventory Account -Differ

hazemhazem Member Posts: 187
Hello,
For the same period, i have sometimes a difference between the inventory value shown on my "Inventory valuation" report and the inventory value of the inventory account. Is it a bug or is it normal to have differences between them because they don't use the same tables?
Thanks

Comments

• PhennoPhenno Member Posts: 630
    hazem wrote:
    Hello,
    For the same period, i have sometimes a difference between the inventory value shown on my "Inventory valuation" report and the inventory value of the inventory account. Is it a bug or is it normal to have differences between them because they don't use the same tables?
    Thanks

common problems are direct postings to inventory account or wrong setup of posting groups on (some of) the items.
    try to narrow down a difference by period after which you can focus on problematic entries either in accounts or value entries of items.
  • hazemhazem Member Posts: 187
    I found some value entries (with the "inventory posting group" and the "cost posted to G/L" properly filled) that don't have account entries associated with...I think that's the cause of the problem...But in that case, is there any explanation?
    hazem wrote:
    I found some value entries (with the "inventory posting group" and the "cost posted to G/L" properly filled) that don't have account entries associated with...I think that's the cause of the problem...But in that case, is there any explanation?

hm... :roll:

Those value entry lines, do they have "G/L Entry No. (Account)" and "G/L Entry No. (Bal. Account)" fields filled?

If yes, are those g/l entries exists and if yes, which account no. is used (and with what amount, ofcourse).

If those fields aren't filled then I have no solutions (at least not in a small amount of free time that i have momentary)
    NO, they are not filled :?
    hazem wrote:
    NO, they are not filled :?

what types are those value entry and, on what item ledger entry types are they?

how they are created (from orders, from journals or navision internal postings (like adjust cost batch))?
    It's not related to the type of the value entry i think.
    My problem is that my customer want to know why is there a difference between the value of the inventory account and the value shown on the report "Inventory valuation" :-k
    I think that's normal to have different values, no?
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    On the valuation report there are 2 Fields i.e Value and Cost Posted to G/L.

Both the fields will tally if you run the batch job "Post Cost to G/L".

If automatic costing is ticked (Doesn't seems to bein ur case) both the values are equal at all times unless there is error in setup or direct posting from G/L.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    If cost posted to g/l is filled but g/l account nos are not then start looking for a misfired customization f.e. in codeunit 5802 becase this shouldn't be standard behavoiur...
    If cost posted to g/l is filled but g/l account nos are not then start looking for a misfired customization f.e. in codeunit 5802 becase this shouldn't be standard behavoiur...

miklos is right hazem, i asked you about entry types because with that information we can then find an error (typical or non-typical) or at least focus to part of inventory management that produced error.
    The codeunit 5802 is not modified in the customer database ](*,)
    When i run the "Inventory valuation" report from 01/01/06 to 12/01/06 it shows 2842000,56. For the same period the inventory's account value is 2813000,23.
    So you can see my problem :roll:
    hazem wrote:
    The codeunit 5802 is not modified in the customer database ](*,)
    When i run the "Inventory valuation" report from 01/01/06 to 12/01/06 it shows 2842000,56. For the same period the inventory's account value is 2813000,23.
    So you can see my problem :roll:

pls answer to my questions in upper post so we can help you further...
  • BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
    Hi,

We are having same problem as mentioned in this post for one of our client.

We found that some value entries did not have any value in the G/L Entry No(Account) and G/L Entry No(Bal. Account).

Please advise.

Thanks and Regards,

Beatrice