About Table relationship

njaikunjaiku Member Posts: 116
edited 2006-11-27 in Navision Financials
Hi,
I hope all are fine.
Suppose if i have 5 Master tables which is linked to 5 or 10 supplemental tables. I have to create one form with the following fields.

Table,Linked table,Relationship(that is Keys). with the process comand button.
By selecting one of the master table, When I click the process button, it must display the table that is related to the other table , in the Relationship field it must show the primary keys that is linked.

Is it possible in Navision?
Jai

Comments

• ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    :-k

Interesting question...

You could use the Field system table to get the possible relations of a table.
    In the Field table there are fields like: RelationTableNo and RelationFieldNo which you can use to open your target table.

To be able to get an idea create a new report with dataitem the record Field.

You could also make a custom table with your desired columns (table id, table name, relation to table, e.t.c.) and fill it with info from the Field system record when opening a form.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    If the master tables and also the linked tables are for a big part the same, you can use the system of tables 36-37.
    In it you info of (sales) orders,invoices,quotes,credit memo's, return orders,...
    Maybe this gives you what you need.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• njaikunjaiku Member Posts: 116
    Thank u so much. But can you able to tell me which are the Field related system tables?
    Jai
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Table "Field" is the only one.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!