Navigate through posted invoices and Shipments

angelinaangelina Member Posts: 12
edited 2006-11-25 in Navision Financials
hello,

can anyone help me with a (little, I think) problem? is there a way to see which (posted) invoice a (posted) shipment belongs to?
or - the other way 'round - which shipments belong to a particular posted invoice?

would be very kind if someone of the experts could help me ;-))

thanks

angelina

Comments

• ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    I think I have the answer to your question:

An invoice makes "value entry"
    A shipment makes "Item Ledger Entry"

Each value entry has a field that is "Item Ledger Entry No." which keeps the entry no. of the corresponding Item Ledger Entry.

The value entry keeps the invoice no in the document no. field.
    the item ledger entry keeps the shipment no in the document no. field.

In my opinion that is the best way to get the actual shipment from the invoice or the reverse...

Just keep in mind that a shipment might have more than one invoices and an invoice might invoices more than one shipments...
  • angelinaangelina Member Posts: 12
    hello arhontis,
    thanks a lot for your quick answer!! this is a smart way, sure...

greets from italy

angelina
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    But because this is in Navision Financials forum, I assume, that you are using version 2.60 or older. In this case, you don't have the value entries and it is not so easz to find what you want...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    :roll: :sick: :-# :oops:
    Right as usual Kine...
  • panjampanjam Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

Another way of finding the Posted Sales Shipment with the the Sales Invoice is by sales order number.

Since you are using 2.60 I forgot whether if this field is available in Posted Sales shipments.

If you are posting the Invoice using Sales Order then Find the Sales Order number in Sales Shipment window header-Generarl Tab. The Sales Order number determines the Posted Sales Shipment. So once you have found the Sales shipment, you can do similar search for sales Invoice.
    Learning comes from Experience & Experience comes from Learning.
  • panjampanjam Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

Another way of finding the Posted Sales Shipment with the Sales Invoice is by sales order number.

Since you are using 2.60 I forgot whether if this field is available in Posted Sales shipments.

If you are posting the Invoice using Sales Order then Find the Sales Order number in Posted Sales Shipment window header-Generarl Tab. The Sales Order number determines the Posted Sales Shipment. So once you have found the Posted Sales shipment, you can do similar search for Posted sales Invoice.
    Learning comes from Experience & Experience comes from Learning.